[Rejected] ilv pvp control

ribbaribbahey

[Rejected] ilv pvp control

#1 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 18 Mar 2014 13:19

To say it strait, my suggestion is to forbid the use of items with ilv higher than 264 in bgs and arenas. If someone wills to use a pve item (such as a sanctified mainset item) in pvp but doesn't have the 264 one, in bg or arena the told item could temporary give the 264 stats.
My suggestion comes from the fact that in this server there are a lot of geared people, and this does not encourage the pvp from the point of view of the newcomers; and most of all, adds balance to the game. 3.3 patch was intended to last few months, so thepve mad gears wouldn't matter that much because, ofcourse, it had to take some time to get them, and therefore the uptime of the pve gears would be even less, averagely speaking. If any of you noticed that, in order to play 3v3 today it seems requested to have a SM warrior. That is really depressing, not only because of the lack of creativity hc weapons are bringing to our game, but even because (i'll repeat) we are at the pointwhere something designed to be an elite item (lets talk about one every hundred) has become the normality. AND THIS is not blizzlike. Hc items are on the same level imho, they were not meant to be used with the frequency and in the number we are using it nowadays.

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

Anselmo
Former Staff

Re: ilv pvp control

#2 » Post by Anselmo » 18 Mar 2014 15:36

Actually, this season lasted much longer than any other on retail too.

Rehan

#3 » Post by Rehan » 18 Mar 2014 15:45

Yeah this extended season 8 makes PVP very unballanced.
I think I suggested a while back to reset PVP back to season 6 every year and go up a season every three months, making season 8 last half a year and the other ones only a quarter.
But yeah it wasn't received well since the PVP-ers on the forums wouldn't like to get their wrathful gear removed. For what reason, I don't know, because according to their claims it would be easy to get it all back.
But then again this wouldn't be blizzlike because Season 6 started in patch 3.1.0, and we are playing on 3.3.5 which is right after Season 8, and Season 8 started in 3.3.2, and ended in 4.0.1, which will never happen here.

So our only solutions are to either stay blizzlike with everything in this patch, or adapt to make the server more enjoyable for everyone.

marko1984

#4 » Post by marko1984 » 18 Mar 2014 16:54

This suggestion makes sense but i'm not sure if its doable
Would be very cool IMO
Three mages!

Dorun

#5 » Post by Dorun » 19 Mar 2014 02:00

What you're essentially suggesting is to kill progression and handicap long-time players so that new players can catch up. I hate the armies of lolmourners as much as anyone but they've earned that gear and I think they should be allowed to use it. It's the kind of thing that comes from dedicating a lot of hours to your character.
It's always going to be difficult for new players to get into PvP but the answer isn't to handicap the older ones. This is an issue that arises primarily from low-population; if there were more new players entering PvP, they would be more functional because they would be facing a lot of other new players. This especially holds true for your 3v3 complaint - there are very few 3v3 teams out there and it's primarily the serious PvPers that are being encouraged to make these teams and so well-geared teams make up a large percentage of 3v3s despite there not being many of them.

I do agree with you, however, that something needs to be done about the poor PvP scene here.
Asator - Blood Elf - Paladin - 80
Somberlain - Troll - Priest - 80
Hollowheart - Troll - Hunter - 80
Electrician - Orc - Shaman - 80
Eforiel - Blood Elf - Mage - 80
Mabelode - Undead - Warlock - 80

Ragnorak
Donor

#6 » Post by Ragnorak » 19 Mar 2014 08:13

It is my god given right to be able to wtfpwn low geared 80 nabs in 2 hits. To take this away from all the other skillmourners out there on the server would be a direct violation of our human rights. #SkillmournersUnite #HighGearScoreSwag #GearScoreIsSkill
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

dallas

#7 » Post by dallas » 19 Mar 2014 09:06

"I hate the armies of lolmourners as much as anyone but they've earned that gear"

Earn as in looting the shards even before completing unholy and blood infusion? Yea right.

Naljs

#8 » Post by Naljs » 19 Mar 2014 09:17

First, I myself don't browse forums that much because it's been quite messy until this update of it arrived, and now I'm just not used to go on here, but I heard of this topic and found it ridiculous that anyone would want to lower the gear of people.

The problem here isn't a gear handicap or anything like that. To put it straight: All servers that are anything are in Season 8 with ICC and maybe even RS working, resetting would only make a handful people happy and wouldn't attract any new players (maybe a couple, but not nearly as much as a working S8 would). And with that said, the biggest problem is the talents/skills/spells/abilities that are bugged. For instance, a rogue won't be able to do very much against all these exploiting Balance Druids. Almost no one (read: casters and DK's) can do anything against the exploiting Shamans with this bugged Grounding Totem eating certain spells without being consumed. DK's slow Death Grip which works like a 2 second interrupt, because animation is too slow, also discourages PvP (when you are a healer in furious/relentless gear these bugs becomes very much noticable, especially with Wandering Plague double dipping in something (maybe Crypt Fever?)).

What I'm getting at is that the gear isn't the problem, it's all the bugs summed up that causes the big PvP discouragement, at least for most people I've spoken to, and including myself. And No, I don't have any high level PvE gear, so I'm not defending myself but everyone else who worked hard to get it. Understand that if this suggestion would get through, server population would be cut in half, more or less.

tldr; Active PvP is the key to keeping servers alive, and with working spells and abilities we could maybe even gain population. Impress players with working PvP, and they'll stay. I would say we just need more focus on fixing the PvP issues before moving on with the PvE, and this server just might see a high population again.
And to make it clear, Season 8 came with ICC and it was Ruby Sanctum that was intended to only last a few months. Season 7 (Relentless) was the longest season WotLK saw.

I think I've said all I wanted for now, so thank you for listening. Over and out!
/Shadowclasm

ribbaribbahey

#9 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 19 Mar 2014 10:31

Dorun wrote:What you're essentially suggesting is to kill progression and handicap long-time players so that new players can catch up.
Yes. A small sacrifice for some greater good. I got hc items too, remember.
Dorun wrote:. This is an issue that arises primarily from low-population; if there were more new players entering PvP.
No. The math isn't necessary, but you can imagine that the constant number of low geared ppl in retail is brought by the change of pvp season, not by newcomers. Try to imagine the flux of newcomers needed to keep it constant, the population should be constantly rising of an incredible rate.
Naljs wrote: resetting
Nobody said anything about resetting. You'll keep you gears, they will only function differently inarenas and bgs. I agree with the other things you said, with the difference that gear is a part of the problem. Notthe whole problem, just a part. and bugs are another part. your OPINION is that bugs are more important, but i think bugs and gears share an equal ammount of guilty. So there is a possible fix for the gear part, i tought of this in respect of the personal position of everyone:as i said, no gears will be removed. And i'm also helping with the bug part, reporting etc. So don't think i try to find shortcuts. That said, thank you for your opinion.
Last edited by ribbaribbahey on 19 Mar 2014 10:47, edited 1 time in total.

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

Anselmo
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Anselmo » 19 Mar 2014 10:34

ribbaribbahey wrote: Yes. A small sacrifice for some greater good.
[youtube]yUpbOliTHJY[/youtube]
Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

It's a decent idea, but I don't see how it can be executed without causing a lot of damage. Even if we roll back seasons (difficult as it would be), we can't close instances and dungeons and everyone would wear superior pve gear.

ribbaribbahey

#11 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 19 Mar 2014 10:48

Edited my prev post
Edit n2: i think you may have misunderstood.
Summin it up my suggestion is to make items give the stats of the ilvl264 ONLY when in bg and arenas. This won't modify the gears elsewhere.
Easy example: you got the hc sanctified shoulders. When in bgs or arenas, they will be transformed (or just giving the stats, whatever is better for scripting) into the normal ones. (If the normal ones have ilvl 264)
Hard example: you have shadowmourne. When in bgs or arenas, it will be transformed (or giving the stats) of shadow,s edge.
Last edited by ribbaribbahey on 19 Mar 2014 10:55, edited 1 time in total.

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

Anselmo
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Anselmo » 19 Mar 2014 10:55

But there is no formula that can determine that. Do you really think we can balance stats out with people we got? Heck, not even blizzard can do that. And you can't copypaste them from other items, that would be ridiculous.

ribbaribbahey

#13 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 19 Mar 2014 11:02

Anything can be done. You just need a matrix of item codes that link the normal items to their hc versions

When entering arena:
If ilvl>264 then
(Flag value set to true)
Switch items
Add esame anchants
If number sockets of the item > numb sockets of the normal
Cancel the socket's stats

When logoff or dc or leave arena
If flag=true
Reset the item

Its not THIS easy but that's the skeleton of the thing

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

ribbaribbahey

#14 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 19 Mar 2014 11:08

The easy version of this suggestion is to not allow to equip said items in bg, arena. But that would be bad because 90% of the times you dont keep the normal version of your gears

Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire

My Enhancement PvP guide

ItchyVortex

#15 » Post by ItchyVortex » 19 Mar 2014 11:48

ribbaribbahey wrote:The easy version of this suggestion is to not allow to equip said items in bg, arena. But that would be bad because 90% of the times you dont keep the normal version of your gears
Just announce this like one month before implementing. Supporting this by 140%.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest