Low population concern

skyx

Re: Low population concern

#61 » Post by skyx » 23 Dec 2016 20:40

Brennus wrote:It's not a matter of reasoning with PvE-minded people/staff.

The way it currently is benefits the server the most.

Sure, it could be rewarded to Battleground/Arena queuers, but that won't help the PvP scene and certainly not the server as a whole.
Queuers? Oh god, even your choice of words reeks of PvE-bias.

You say it won't help but it would be a first step.

Pretty sure some players left TW for GD just because the "PvP" here is non existent.

Brennus

#62 » Post by Brennus » 23 Dec 2016 21:09

[hide="I guess you are derailing the topic, but still"]Wrong, I'm not a PvEr to begin with.
My thing is world PvP - but BGs are okay I guess.

How the hell can someone call Arenas a PvP thing?
That's not a test of skill in the first place - if it was people wouldn't be crying about Shadowmourne, Warrior+Healer comps, and the like.
Arena rating is just a measure of coordination between you and your partner.

Battleground is okay, but still, the side with the most healers will almost always win.

I still remember good old Diablo 2 times, where PvP was 8 people battling each other in a free-for-all madness.
Where you joined a game, hostile'd everyone and went hunting people.
Where there was no PvP reward.
Where healers never existed (because Blizzard designed the game that way). No one could heal, you either kill or die.
Duels lasted 3 or 4 seconds (unless you played some bullshit build like Poison-Werewolf Druid or Poison-Nova Necromancer).
Attribute planning was a real thing - in WoW there are only 3 or 4 stats you should worry about (Hit rating, Resilience, Haste or Armour Penetration) - In Diablo 2 people weak at theorycrafting would get steamrolled.

The only thing remotely close to PvP in WoW is what people call "World PvP" - and please, I'm not talking about getting your level 80 out of Dalaran to hunt lowbies.

If you want a challenge, get your level 69 warrior, and go hunting in the Storm Peaks, where people are likely level 77+. Or get your 80 and go disrupt opposite-faction raid-summoning.[/hide]

Brennus wrote:Sure, it could be rewarded to Battleground/Arena queuers, but that won't help the PvP scene and certainly not the server as a whole.
What challenge is there in Battlegrounds/Arenas?

Brennus wrote:The way it currently is benefits the server the most.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

skyx

#63 » Post by skyx » 24 Dec 2016 00:44

Brennus, you just done a Watermelons on me by talking about your crap personal history that I do not know nor care about.

It is also sad that you just self quote useless crap.

3v3 arena (and not 2v2) is the pinnacle of WoW PvP because it is the only thing Blizzard ever attempted to balance (hence all Arena awards should be in 3v3s and not 2v2s like on TW, the "blizz-like" server).

3v3 arena should be encouraged first and foremost but on TW, it is the complete opposite.

GD is shitting on TW for a reason.

Brennus

#64 » Post by Brennus » 24 Dec 2016 01:37

I'm sorry, but your arguments lack any solid matter.
skyx wrote:3v3 arena should be encouraged first and foremost but on TW, it is the complete opposite.
That is not possible, unfortunately, because of population.

The staff made a hard choice I guess:
They had to choose between letting PvP die or sicken it.
Thus, currently PvP is sick and needs a cure, and, instead of suggesting something to heal it, you are telling them pull the plug.

About the PvP mounts being available from the vote shop:

ItchyVortex

#65 » Post by ItchyVortex » 24 Dec 2016 02:35

Brennus wrote:How the hell can someone call Arenas a PvP thing?
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

skyx

#66 » Post by skyx » 24 Dec 2016 10:08

Brennus wrote: The staff made a hard choice I guess:
Thus, currently PvP is sick and needs a cure, and, instead of suggesting something to heal it, you are telling them pull the plug.
By letting it go to Shit, people have left this server for other servers such as GD (check their single app section on their forum) and thus caused further harm.

I had highlighted the root causes and offered suggestions (as many others before me) but all my efforts are in vain it seems.
Brennus wrote: About the PvP mounts being available from the vote shop:
One of the most moronic things I have ever seen (right up there with Watermelon's verbal diarrhoea)

benzviliran

#67 » Post by benzviliran » 24 Dec 2016 11:15

skyx wrote:
Brennus wrote: The staff made a hard choice I guess:
By letting it go to Shit, people have left this server for other servers such as GD (check their single app section on their forum) and thus caused further harm.

I had highlighted the root causes and offered suggestions (as many others before me) but all my efforts are in vain it seems.
Brennus wrote: About the PvP mounts being available from the vote shop:
One of the most moronic things I have ever seen (right up there with Watermelon's verbal diarrhoea)
u keep taunting players and still wondering why people leave server? i think you should get a forum ban or something for once because all warnings that you get are being ignored by you. you are like a fly keep buzzing in my ears on forums and all you can do is being annoying.
I am the swarm

Flooded
Former Staff

#68 » Post by Flooded » 24 Dec 2016 12:50

skyx wrote:
Send me a link to your suggestions, root causes, and anything else you'd like to talk about in a PM when you get a chance.

skyx

#69 » Post by skyx » 24 Dec 2016 13:26

Flooded wrote:
Send me a link to your suggestions, root causes, and anything else you'd like to talk about in a PM when you get a chance.
I would but only if this gets answered (since the question seems to have been dodged since July):
Roel wrote: This reminds me of a discussion we had last year (or 2 years ago?) and I think that version is a lot easier to realize. It was about only limiting high level PvE items in arena (like above 264). I believe that's the major cause for the imbalances rather than the difference between Relentless and Wrathful. And have that limitation permanently in arena rather than temporary based on rating (which would probably be a lot harder to code). If devs can pull off this version then we can always see when we want additional "features" coded.
is it possible on TW ??? (I've seen it on a competing server...)

This single implementation would improve the quality of life on this server (at least).

Flooded
Former Staff

#70 » Post by Flooded » 24 Dec 2016 14:22

The main issue that I can see with this suggestion is it might demotivate players who aren't interested in the competition aspect of the game. I think we haven't commented on this feature you've suggested just because no one in the server staff has either seen it as an easy implementation, might see conflicts with other players, or they might think that its not good for the server.

From a balance position, I understand the idea. I cannot really comment more about this though.

I think we could maybe set up a mini arena season or tournament with specific rules in place to limit the gear people are allowed to use. This would be something that would need to come from the community, but we could provide things like staff support as well (and maybe with some internal discussion, some prize support). Let me know if anyone would be interested in something like this.

Brennus

#71 » Post by Brennus » 24 Dec 2016 17:25

Brennus wrote:About the PvP mounts being available from the vote shop:
The way it currently is benefits the server the most.
Seems you do not agree with that.
Care to explain why?

Cocopuffs
Donor

#72 » Post by Cocopuffs » 24 Dec 2016 18:08

Brennus wrote:Image
Cocopuffs wrote:the fact that you can get them by not pvping at all and voting everyday for 2-3 months is the problem.
Why is that a problem?
kill yourself, you're fucking dumb.

Brennus

#73 » Post by Brennus » 24 Dec 2016 18:22

Cocopuffs wrote:
Brennus wrote:
Cocopuffs wrote:the fact that you can get them by not pvping at all and voting everyday for 2-3 months is the problem.
Why is that a problem?
Best reasoning skills ever :lol:

Spoiler:

Cocopuffs
Donor

#74 » Post by Cocopuffs » 24 Dec 2016 19:13

Brennus wrote:
Cocopuffs wrote:
Brennus wrote: Why is that a problem?
Best reasoning skills ever :lol:

Spoiler:
how can anyone reason with your stupid brain dead ass? you quote yourself as if that is a good way to argument pov's. you're just very stupid, like balanced and others I've seen here. enjoy posting more edgy memes, inbred.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#75 » Post by Dymond » 24 Dec 2016 19:14

OK, 4 pages is quite enough discussion. Locking and moving this discussion. Merry Christmas! May the New Year bring a kinder and more understanding community and world.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."