Stuck at success

prodigy
Developer

Re: Stuck at success

#16 » Post by prodigy » 22 Oct 2014 20:44

From personal experience, if 500+ can connect ok and 10 have issues, i really think it's ISP issues..routing part or bad line.By bad line i strictly mean between the user and our server location(or plain between user ISP and OVH network,usually peering issues).I also base what i said on some past examples where player A was getting stuck ,but player B from another location could log the same account just fine.A random ping or download sadly doesn't really reflect the quality of the internet line.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#17 » Post by Myaoming » 23 Oct 2014 00:53

Mel, try logging with Pingzapper and see if the issue persists.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

shaun03

#18 » Post by shaun03 » 23 Oct 2014 07:57

prodigy wrote:From personal experience, if 500+ can connect ok and 10 have issues, i really think it's ISP issues..routing part or bad line.By bad line i strictly mean between the user and our server location(or plain between user ISP and OVH network,usually peering issues).I also base what i said on some past examples where player A was getting stuck ,but player B from another location could log the same account just fine.A random ping or download sadly doesn't really reflect the quality of the internet line.
Well Telkom (the monopolists of the internet / telephone line network, here in South Africa) are pretty infamous for providing inadequate service to their customers. Is there really no chance that something is conflicting with our IP's or something from the server side? I'm just asking because I really am not too knowledgeable about this kind of thing, and I'd like to learn. Could it not be that the problem isn't really with the account, but rather the fact that the server is rejecting my computers attempt to connect to it? Like Mel said, it's happened like this for the past couple of weeks - we have had this kind of issue in the past (but much less frequently, usually a router reset solved the issue) - would there be a problem if we were both trying to play off the same line?

Share your knowledge oh knowledgeable ones.
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#19 » Post by Kindzadza » 23 Oct 2014 11:54

I don't think it's the computers that are preventing you from logging, but rather the shitty internet connection you have. :[ Try with Pingzapper I guess it may help a bit.

shaun03

#20 » Post by shaun03 » 23 Oct 2014 12:14

Kindzadza wrote:but rather the shitty internet connection you have.

I guess that we'll just need to wait for those morons at Telkom to sort this crap out. As you all could understand, its extremely frustrating. We'll try pingzapper out, and we'll let you know if it aides us in any way. Please keep this thread open for another week, so that I may report my conclusion on pingzapper in case others have a similar issue.

But thank you for all your help guys, it's most appreciated.

shaun03

#21 » Post by shaun03 » 26 Oct 2014 21:16

Well, I've done a couple of tests - I tried out Pingzapper. But recently, fingers crossed, our connection has become more reliable when attempting to log on to wow. It must have been our ISP that was performing maintenance on a line or something. We didn't have any issues with the "success" problem the whole weekend.

So, for any person that may be unfortunate enough to have the same kind of issue in the future, all I can advise you to do is to try Pingzapper out, contact your ISP, ask for them to perform a port reset and then hope that it may just be because they're doing a shitty job and the phone call may "wake them up".

Anyways, thanks for your time Kindz. I appreciate it. You may lock.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#22 » Post by Kindzadza » 26 Oct 2014 21:19

Cool that you are better now. Hopefully it will stay that way. :)