Truewow's "Ancient" Members

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Boxis
Donor

Re: Truewow's "Ancient" Members

#46 » Post by Boxis » 28 Oct 2014 16:08

Good old times .

Fastor

#47 » Post by Fastor » 28 Oct 2014 16:29

Kind just do what Polkic does. Split topics.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#48 » Post by Kindzadza » 28 Oct 2014 16:33

Too much fuss for something so irrelevant. :P

azkaban

#49 » Post by azkaban » 28 Oct 2014 17:44

After 4 more years, there will be a thread with the same name! I joined in 2011 btw :) Was a noob back then, leveled so many chars, got bored, deleted them, rinse and repeat. :( So much time has passed. True wow is and forever will be my home. Unfortunately I currently reside in retail as of 2013 :) But I will be back one day, I don't like the direction retail's taking :p Love you all !!!!

Grimk

#50 » Post by Grimk » 28 Oct 2014 19:05

I don't mind hearing from are Spermik family, if they would actually tell some of their stories about when they joined the private server. Either way no one seems to want to post a story xD
Grim Krios
Reality Defines Perception

marko1984

#51 » Post by marko1984 » 28 Oct 2014 22:17

You want a story? Well i started spermik back in march 2009... dinged 80 in september... then i was 1 of 3 top achievers on spermik but then suddenly i got banned coz i reported abuse from an important staff member in september 2011... so i went to BC with my friends... dinged 80 in notime... killed shitload of allies... achieved everything i could then server died... merged with TW... and now here i am... server number 3... and i even managed to unban my old spermik mage and i have 2 of those and 1 more that was a gift from a good friend :)
Spermik rocks (some of their GMs didnt tho)... BC rocks... and now TW rocks.... and idk about GC since i never played there :P

This was a short version of a very long story ;)
Three mages!

yobb

#52 » Post by yobb » 29 Oct 2014 08:36

screenshot windows 7

but thats char from old altar, so achive should be something like 2007, dont know why its 2009, probably no info before that date..

Dr. Who

#53 » Post by Dr. Who » 29 Oct 2014 19:27

i'm to lazy to put the pic of the achiv . =P

Beastslayer (dwarf hunter) :arrow: lv10 :arrow: (15 jun 2010)

i'm 100% TrueWoW player but i dont play so often now because of financial problems (cant afford the internet) =(

so i'm not active but i'm still here. =)
Roel wrote:Actually it almost took me a month to reach level 10 because I was too busy with the server which was officially founded and open for public on March 1st. By the end of March we had like 5 players online at peak times, by the end of June this already was 50 and I had to rent a server instead of hosting it at home. I actually had to set a population limit until the server was ready because my internet would cause too much lag otherwise, oh good times. Most of you probably don't know what I am talking about as you joined when the population was skyrocketing after that. I never expected it would turn out like that and we're actually still running after more than 4 years, thanks to all of your for sticking around and of course the merges to boost the population in dire times.
i'm from that time. many times i had to keep trying to log in for 20 even 30m to log in due to the population limit of 50. hahahaha
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Roel
Founder

#54 » Post by Roel » 29 Oct 2014 20:01

Dr. Who wrote:i'm from that time. many times i had to keep trying to log in for 20 even 30m to log in due to the population limit of 50. hahahaha
I know, you're like a super ancient member :)
It seems like Arvit is the oldest player who is still fairly active, also at the forums. He got his lvl 10 on 22 April 2010.

I have a lot of respect for the players that kept coming back when the server was going through a hard time, we had a lot of those times in the first year 2010/2011.

keez
Donor

#55 » Post by keez » 30 Oct 2014 00:28

Dr. Who wrote:i'm to lazy to put the pic of the achiv . =P

Beastslayer (dwarf hunter) :arrow: lv10 :arrow: (15 jun 2010)

i'm 100% TrueWoW player but i dont play so often now because of financial problems (cant afford the internet) =(

so i'm not active but i'm still here. =)
I hope to see you back soon "ancient" friend! :)

Bluebell
Former Staff

#56 » Post by Bluebell » 30 Oct 2014 12:14

I like writing, so could write an entire essay on my TW story, so I'll make a TL;DR

Joined with IRL friend, joined levelling guild, got in fight with major Ally guild so joined horde, led Requiem to realm first KingSlayers against all expectations, led/co-led/co-annoyed leaders of first Horde ICC25 HCs. Had fights with virtually every guild on server and/or most well know players (Immortal No More, Requiem, Hellraisers, Arock, Darchow, Slar, Emsy, Arthwen, Anoth etc). Had fights with staff, applied for staff and rejected because someone who was trolled wasn't "suitable" for staff, fought wth staff, joined staff, then went into my current state of hardly playing.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Darchrow
Donor

#57 » Post by Darchrow » 30 Oct 2014 15:03

U a cool person blue :>
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

belendor

#58 » Post by belendor » 31 Oct 2014 01:23

bluedude, we all know we carried ur arse in icc25hc :3
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

pmattheus

#59 » Post by pmattheus » 03 Nov 2014 00:17

Okay, first time posting in the forum, but this seemed like a topic I could enjoy.

I haven't been playing on Truewow very long. Just started this year, actually, but if I'd known about it before, I would have been here earlier. Use to play retail, up until release of Cata. Went through a couple of private servers over the years, even tried other games to substitute my lack of WoW.

Not sure exactly when we started, but some time early in 2014, my wife asked me to again find a Private server we could play on, since she missed WoW. I searched, and we tried a few, but nothing we could really get into. (Mostly servers with high exp or drop rates that made it... not fun.)

Finally, I came across Truewow. We played for all of five minutes and decided that this was our new WoW home.

Thank you, Roel, for the server, and all of the people that work to maintain it.
Selga - lvl 80 NE Priest [Shadow, no duel spec]
Selgaxheal - lvl 80 BE Priest [Shadow, Disc/Holy]
Selgashifts - lvl 80 Tauren Druid [Resto, Feral]
Runeselga - lvl 80 Tauren Death Knight [Unholy, Frost]
Sunmoonstars - lvl 37 Tauren Druid [Feral]
Bunch of lowbies with the name Selga in it.

Ragnorak
Donor

#60 » Post by Ragnorak » 03 Nov 2014 07:38

Old member here... I remember posting in a topic similar to this one so i just copy and pasted what i wrote there...
Ragnorak wrote:First 80 would be Ragnorak my Tauren Warrior. Was the first time I played WoW and I had no idea what I wanted to play, so i chose Tauren Warrior because Taurens were fucking badass in WC3. Joined Hellraisers when i was lvl 20 but left when i was around level 73 to form a guild with my irl friends... the thing only lasted for 1 month before some of my friends stopped playing and I was taken back into Hellraisers.

It took me months to reach lvl 80 because I was leveling in pure fury spec, and fucking around with my irl friends as well. Got to level 80 with my talent tree being an op 0/71/0, didnt know shit about the game all i did was spam PoS like a fucking lunatic (like everyone else back then #preRHCdays #2010truewowisbesttruewow) was pulling off 2k dps in just about everything, dcing all over the fucking place cuz china couldnt get their shit together so the horde hated me whenever i entered BG. ICC requirement was 4.8k gs and i wasn't able to reach it cuz Tyrannus got bugged on PoS HC for months which delayed my gearing for months. Finally reached 4.8k gs months after i dinged 80, Hellraisers took me into my first ICC raid where i dc'd every 5 seconds and did complete shit dps.

Then by the summer of 2011 china got their shit togther, i finally stopped dcing all over the place, took the time to learn my class and was able to finally do some actual dps. Fast forward a couple of years and here i am an officer of Hellraisers, fully decked out in ICC25HC raid gear + shadowmourne, hated by the allies for camping New Orgrimmar, still a nab, but still loving every second i spend on this server <3
Ty Roel for creating this server and keeping it alive for so long. I have had so much fun and so many great memories with the people I have met on this server and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!