Some pvp ?

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
benzviliran

Some pvp ?

#1 » Post by benzviliran » 28 May 2015 19:32

To encourage more players (mostly alliance) to join more Battle grounds i wanted to show this fine video xd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H-TKeO ... e=youtu.be

seizing the opportunity i also wanted to add 1 advice out of many:

Ive noticed that about 90% horde and about 60% alliance dont purge/dispell etc etc.

as we all know, in any random battle ground there are team fights that can include over 8 and more players from each side.

in big team fights i barely see the most important and useful spells are being used and that should be used first which is dispelling the other teams buffs.

buffs such as power word fortitude adds about 165 stamina probably im wrong in this number cause i didnt check it recently anyway as we all know 165 stamina is 1650 HP, many people might think that this is not important but in fact they forget that thats a team fight and in total on 10 players for example thats 16500 HP (that can be healed) also gift of the wild which is a very useful buff that not only adds to all states such as stamina that increase life or strength that adds paladins warriors etc more dmg and block etc, it also increases armor and resistances which means that the target which benefits from gift of the wild will take less both physical dmg and magical.

in this case if a team makes 10k dmg and has to dmg 10 enemy players which benefit from this buff, will do 6000 dmg for example instead, thats alot when the numbers are getting bigger.

anyway etc etc all these buffs in team fights are more important than starting to dmg as in team fights there are healers aswel so if both teams are equal and 1 team dispells and 1 isnt than the team which dispells will probably win in the team fight.

i wanted to explain that for several reasons and not only so people will actually use it, i wanted to explain that because i see warlocks arent using water breath and shamans doesnt use water walking and druids arent using thorns and all the spells which people find not usefull for pvp.

ofc why would a water breath help my team and me pvp, we arent even fighting in the water, so yes water breathing buff is helping because if someone dispells you he will have to dispell that before dispelling other buffs such as power word fortitude or shadow protection or gift of the wild and even power word shield and hots etc.

so if people actually read all this digging i hope people warlocks will start buffing water breathing in team fights and druids use thorns in team fights etc.

and one more important thing which i almost forgot to add is that people think that buffing is only in the start, NO during team fights people dispell or die, rebuff any chance you have your group, this could be the difference between winning and losing a team fight which could lead to losing the battle ground.

hope you enjoyed watching /reading or learned something in case you didnt know it before.
I am the swarm

Vaen

Re: Some pvp ?

#2 » Post by Vaen » 28 May 2015 20:34

r1 peddals i learnt much from this. I also recomment the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzYTDuWocNA
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

ItchyVortex

#3 » Post by ItchyVortex » 28 May 2015 20:37

le R.I.P. headphone users maymay

srsly u need to fix ur audio recording, if its gonna be distorted and 100000000 decibels loud its better to have a music instead of game sounds.
Edit: Sounds like an atomic bomb explodes near ur house everytime you click a button.
Last edited by ItchyVortex on 28 May 2015 20:40, edited 2 times in total.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Folkk

#4 » Post by Folkk » 28 May 2015 20:38

R.I.P. headphone users. I'm currently writing this as a ghost.
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

benzviliran

#5 » Post by benzviliran » 28 May 2015 21:36

Vaen wrote:r1 peddals i learnt much from this. I also recomment the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzYTDuWocNA
sorry but what this mage specific "tactic" has to do with team fights ? xd
I am the swarm

keez
Donor

#6 » Post by keez » 28 May 2015 22:30

Thanks for the video.
I really improved my resto shaman play after I saw this!

Pivopija

#7 » Post by Pivopija » 28 May 2015 23:00

U know u can just do /bg ?:)

benzviliran

#8 » Post by benzviliran » 28 May 2015 23:13

Dont laugh at me keez, the idea was not how to play shaman xd, i know i had alot of mistakes and did not use many spells such as i kept using cleansing totem against a priest and a pala instead of healing stream or mana spring xd
I am the swarm

Kniteknite

#9 » Post by Kniteknite » 29 May 2015 02:12

love that imba speaker killing audio lol , i saw a few more vids , and same dying speakers still alive :D
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

benzviliran

#10 » Post by benzviliran » 29 May 2015 03:57

Kniteknite wrote:love that imba speaker killing audio lol , i saw a few more vids , and same dying speakers still alive :D
:]
I am the swarm

Dr. Who

#11 » Post by Dr. Who » 29 May 2015 04:11

hum..... i still dont feel like doing PvP.
even more after watch Ally get kicked as usual. lol
i'm a man of peace and love so i dont PvP, and i only PvE cuz we have to defeat the demons to save the world. =P lololol
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

benzviliran

#12 » Post by benzviliran » 29 May 2015 04:17

Dr. Who wrote:hum..... i still dont feel like doing PvP.
i'm a man of peace and love so i dont PvP, and i only PvE cuz we have to defeat the demons to save the world. =P lololol

"facepalm"

anyway alliance didnt "get kicked" in this battle ground, they lost but they didnt play bad.

secondly ive seen alot of good alliance players, alliance problem is that when finally a good player queues the rest of them arent and once he tried and lost he doesnt queue and than another good player joins alone fails and doesnt queue this is how it happens, instead of more than 1 good alliance player its always almost that only 1 good alliance player is queuing.

for example if a priest named Chase which heals well entering an AB and his team sucks and doesnt make any dmg he lose the interest of healing or queuing at all and this is how it is 1 enters lose interest etc etc.

i suggest alliance to start making premade groups or ask more players that they know that are descent or good and join together.

also could be nice if few hordes would move to alliance and help them.
I am the swarm

Torcano
Donor

#13 » Post by Torcano » 29 May 2015 04:40

What have my ears done to deserve this torture. How hard is it to get a recording right... jeebuz. I feel like I have tainted my headphones, so should cremate them and buy new ones. -.-
Infinite Rage!
gave my toons away /inactive/

Ragnorak
Donor

#14 » Post by Ragnorak » 29 May 2015 21:35

I had no idea wtf you drugos were talking about in regards to the RIP headphone users until I watched that video... jesus christ... need $10,000 for some cochlear implants pls gief.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Wilcox

#15 » Post by Wilcox » 30 May 2015 07:26

Dr. Who wrote:hum..... i still dont feel like doing PvP.
that sounds so gay