Retail character

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Hansrutger
Former Staff

Retail character

#1 » Post by Hansrutger » 30 Jul 2015 04:30

Hello! Note that this thread is not about trading/buying/selling a retri paladin on retail. I simply want to, if allowed, to borrow a retribution paladin on retail that HAS shadowmourne already obtained. It is regarding the topic: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15340 Now the rules say that it's not allowed to sell/trade/buy accounts out loud, but this isn't a such thread. For some requirements for the account:
- Needs to have Shadowmourne
- I will pay for 1 months of playtime if the account has 0 days left.
- Preferably retribution paladin since I lack experience in Death Knight and Warrior classes.

IF!!! It should happen that staff thinks it's wrong of me to this, other than them thinking it's a bad idea to actually test to see how much %-rate SM actually has, then feel free to close this thread and IF!!! you delete it please PM me the reason. Once again, I am not looking to buy or trade any character, simply borrow a retail account if it has a lolmourner so I can check the proc and then post the result in the other thread.

EDIT: Also not sure if right section lol.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Nyeriah

Re: Retail character

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Jul 2015 04:52

Blizzard bans accounts automatically when they log from a different IP on first login.

Royo

#3 » Post by Royo » 30 Jul 2015 05:22

Relina

#4 » Post by Relina » 30 Jul 2015 05:22

Nyeriah wrote:Blizzard bans accounts automatically when they log from a different IP on first login.
Won't that policy make logging in a nightmare for users with dynamic ip's ?

P.S: @Palanib, testing SM Proc mechanics on retail now with current WoD mechanics at best you would get results relevant to WotLK only from Auto Attacks :), though I do commend your drive for getting us data for fixing the issue with SM proc mechanic.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Jul 2015 05:32

@ Relina: no, IP range is checked. If the pattern changes its banned and you have to reset your password. I mean, you can share it, but you'll have to keep reseting password every time you log since they'll keep banning it. After a certain number of bans they lock it for good and you gotta call their customer support (happened to me once)

Relina

#6 » Post by Relina » 30 Jul 2015 05:41

So Palanib, best would be to borrow an in-active account & re-activate it, at-least that way they might not ban it outright, since that would present a believable explanation for the change in IP range, which you can use when dealing with their customer support ;).

BTW I'm so glad we don't have that sort of draconian security checks on TW(yet).
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Hansrutger » 30 Jul 2015 09:53

Relina wrote:(yet).
:D

Also okay I had no idea. "During my days..." (sometime during stone age) blizzard didn't input complications like this. Sorry for this then I suppose because I had no idea of this IP checking. And the idea was to check on melee hits for about few 1000 times to get a very close value, something with what I did similar on TW.

The thing is that I actually do have an account with a level 82 something paladin, however I didn't even know what a legendary item was at the time I was playing so it never struck me to actually get better in PvE at the time. I only knew that it was fun going around killing mobs for 12 euros per month. xD

Meeeeeeeeeeh *cries in spanish*
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Jul 2015 13:41

Relina wrote:So Palanib, best would be to borrow an in-active account & re-activate it, at-least that way they might not ban it outright, since that would present a believable explanation for the change in IP range, which you can use when dealing with their customer support ;).

BTW I'm so glad we don't have that sort of draconian security checks on TW(yet).

You can lock your account to your ip at the account manager.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Hansrutger » 30 Jul 2015 13:49

Nyeriah wrote:
Relina wrote:So Palanib, best would be to borrow an in-active account & re-activate it, at-least that way they might not ban it outright, since that would present a believable explanation for the change in IP range, which you can use when dealing with their customer support ;).

You can lock your account to your ip at the account manager.
Which we dammit thank for is optional and not by default. xD *logs on phone internet* OH SHIT! xD
Retired

Wilcox

#10 » Post by Wilcox » 30 Jul 2015 15:43

Nyeriah wrote:Blizzard bans accounts automatically when they log from a different IP on first login.
my friend gets a code to his phone, send it over to me and I can log in his account. there were never any bans. they temporarily block access to the account and you can lift that with an email in a minute

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Jul 2015 16:05

Don't know about that, never used the blizzard authenticator. Always sounded annoying asf to me

Wilcox

#12 » Post by Wilcox » 30 Jul 2015 19:31

it's great when you're going to have your friends log in to your account. also avoids the bans like that etc