Nost character transfer via screenshots?

sdahlbe101

Nost character transfer via screenshots?

#1 » Post by sdahlbe101 » 22 Apr 2016 05:54

Hello,

I have a collection of 20+ screenshots that document my level 60 raid-geared character from Nostalrius. Each piece of gear has an individual screenshot. I also have a screenshot showing my /played time, as well as one showing when I hit 300 herb skill.

Please let me know if this type of transfer is possible, given that I have plenty of proof.

I don't care about the stuff in my bank or anything like that... or really even gold for that matter, just my lvl 60 character and the gear I have specifically called out in the screenshots. Hoping that attunements transfer as well... since I have the gear from the instances, this should be enough proof of attunement.

Thanks

Holaga

Re: Nost character transfer via screenshots?

#2 » Post by Holaga » 22 Apr 2016 10:10

Can i do this aswell? I want to transfer from gamer-district and/or Wow-freakz but I don't want to give out my account information... Are screenshots good enough?

Holaga

#3 » Post by Holaga » 22 Apr 2016 10:11

Can I also transfer multiple characters? I have 3 lvl 80s on Gamer-district, 1 lvl 90 and 1 lvl 85 on Wow-freakz

Nymunne
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Nymunne » 22 Apr 2016 10:38

Hello!

For now only server accepted for PrimalWoW is the Nost server. Any other request will be rejected until we decide which servers we will accept for the Vanilla realm.

Regarding the screenshots: that is something that needs to be discussed among the Staff and also for us to find a solution to process Nost transfers that were submited after the serv shut down.

Keep in mind that all transfers are predefined so you can get one transfer only.

belendor

#5 » Post by belendor » 22 Apr 2016 16:24

Holaga wrote:Can I also transfer multiple characters? I have 3 lvl 80s on Gamer-district, 1 lvl 90 and 1 lvl 85 on Wow-freakz
I'm not sure u can 1:1 transfer from gamer district since they are/were x7 exp and you could donate for Sm ect.
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Nymunne
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Nymunne » 22 Apr 2016 23:53

belendor wrote:
Holaga wrote:Can I also transfer multiple characters? I have 3 lvl 80s on Gamer-district, 1 lvl 90 and 1 lvl 85 on Wow-freakz
I'm not sure u can 1:1 transfer from gamer district since they are/were x7 exp and you could donate for Sm ect.
None of the servers listed there are 1:1 servers, they are predefined. :P

belendor

#7 » Post by belendor » 25 Apr 2016 07:26

My bad^^
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

mike1097

#8 » Post by mike1097 » 03 May 2016 08:49

Maybe the realmplayers armory combined with screenshots would work?
I've spend.like 20 days playtime on nost. Actually I dont care to get my 60 because I love leveling, but I hardly miss my Lionheart Helmet I farmed for weeks...

Please keep us updated.

Ps. My friends and me love the servers concept!

Flooded
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Flooded » 03 May 2016 11:48

mike1097 wrote:Maybe the realmplayers armory combined with screenshots would work?
I've spend.like 20 days playtime on nost. Actually I dont care to get my 60 because I love leveling, but I hardly miss my Lionheart Helmet I farmed for weeks...

Please keep us updated.

Ps. My friends and me love the servers concept!
So here is the primary issue: We cannot prove the character from the screenshots or realmplayers actually belongs to the player who is making the claim for the transfer. This results in possible fraud.

We normally verify the reality of your characters by logging into your account on whatever server you are looking to transfer from to verify. We obviously cannot do this as Nostalrius is no longer being hosted.

Edited

Thank you for understanding.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#10 » Post by Dymond » 03 May 2016 13:57

Since Nostalrius is no longer live, the server stall does intend to release character files, we can not transfer these characters. there is no way we can confirm the integrity of the screenshots. It's been a month since the server closed and if players really wanted to start playing on Primal, they could have leveled a character to 60 within this time.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

mike1097

#11 » Post by mike1097 » 03 May 2016 16:16

Alright, I'm not even mad.
As long as noone get's boosted it's fine.

WoW is a journey, we should enjoy it (even if we already did and the progress is lost)

PoliticallyIncorrect

#12 » Post by PoliticallyIncorrect » 03 May 2016 16:40

Hey, when claiming that the character is indeed yours, consider the following:

Jiranthos
Admin

#13 » Post by Jiranthos » 03 May 2016 16:44

PoliticallyIncorrect wrote:Hey, when claiming that the character is indeed yours, consider the following:
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

PoliticallyIncorrect

#14 » Post by PoliticallyIncorrect » 03 May 2016 16:51

Jiranthos wrote:
PoliticallyIncorrect wrote:Hey, when claiming that the character is indeed yours, consider the following:
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof
Hello. This is opposite of what I said.
"You said that the burden of proof lies not with the person making the claim, but with someone else to disprove."
No I have said that the burden of proof lies not on the GMs/Players to disprove person who is making a claim, but with the person who is claiming the characters. However, if you really want, just for you I can rephrase:
Spoiler:

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#15 » Post by Dymond » 04 May 2016 01:39

Since all transfer request have been processed or rejected, I will lock this topic.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."