Retail Transfer

Hamsterwheel

Re: Retail Transfer

#16 » Post by Hamsterwheel » 04 May 2016 21:03

Blue pvp gear? No. I guess you're trying to give people an incentive to join here but that seems a bit too much considering how good blue pvp gear is here and considering how much time a non-transfered character has to spend to get that kind of gear.

I'd say give them a dungeon 1 set and some blue rings/trinkets and such. That way they're still decently geared but still need to run dungeons and such to get better gear just like everyone else on the server, so there's an extra push in both the population and people doing dungeons.

Just my 2 cents.

candre23
Donor

#17 » Post by candre23 » 04 May 2016 21:47

I'm with hamsterwheel. If you're going to do retail transfers on primal, they should get entry-level gear. There should be at least some effort required to gear up, not just a free ticket-to-raid.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#18 » Post by Nymunne » 04 May 2016 21:50

In order for them to receive the gear they do they actually have to put a lot of effort in that character on the other server. All stats required are two-three times higher compared to TrueWoW.

Longi

#19 » Post by Longi » 04 May 2016 22:38

oooooooooolde wrote:DYMOND! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!
/anger off

>Good on you for allowing transfers
>Really dislike the gear you give fresh 60s.

A full champion set takes weeks to farm and is really strong heading fresh into pvp, cuts off a lot of endgame content.
Haven't seen a discussion about this and got quite suprised seeing a lock with solid gear having 3 hks.

I would propose transfers to be disabled for now, untill the community has discussed gearing in a proper maner.
Last I saw was someone suggesting Dungeon 1.

Also give em trinkets...

Lastly - Consider making a announcement for us to advertise <3

-Juve
same bullshit is on TW ... players are crying for " no Arena " , but cmon if you give full wratfull gear to everyone who transwers to the server ... nono will play arenas :D

kronic

#20 » Post by kronic » 04 May 2016 22:44

Nymunne wrote:In order for them to receive the gear they do they actually have to put a lot of effort in that character on the other server. All stats required are two-three times higher compared to TrueWoW.
A lot of effort? you can get full epics in a couple of days in retail. There is no challenge.

I see people suggesting full D1. Farming D1 is part of vanilla and will encourage RDF queuing. If everyone gets full D1 they can roll right into D2 and gear better than MC. Now what's the point? We dont want to encourage retail players to come here and just do end game and pvp.

Give players something like http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=22301 which encourages pvp and suitable for dungeons/raids

Nymunne
Former Staff

#21 » Post by Nymunne » 04 May 2016 22:48

Templates are something that need to be changed for every single faction / class. Altering the templates is something Roel (Prime) needs to look into.

It is true that in retail you can level fast but all retail characters need to be max level. As for any other servers as mentioned they need to have lots of played time, quests completed, dungeons, raids, arenas and all those stats are set 2x-3x higher compared to TW since on Vanilla you level up slower.

Roel
Founder

#22 » Post by Roel » 04 May 2016 22:59

The templates aren't as good as you may think. Sure they get some nice pieces but they still need to do dungeons to specialize into a role. A warrior for example basically only gets one ring because the other one is for casters, and they neither get a shield nor 2-hand. Not to mention that nobody gets a trinket.

kurthos

#23 » Post by kurthos » 05 May 2016 15:54

Hamsterwheel wrote:Blue pvp gear? No. I guess you're trying to give people an incentive to join here but that seems a bit too much considering how good blue pvp gear is here and considering how much time a non-transfered character has to spend to get that kind of gear.

I'd say give them a dungeon 1 set and some blue rings/trinkets and such. That way they're still decently geared but still need to run dungeons and such to get better gear just like everyone else on the server, so there's an extra push in both the population and people doing dungeons.

Just my 2 cents.
I also think the dungeon 1 set makes more sense than the PvP set, but honestly they are both worse than pre raid and players will still have to put effort into farming gear either way.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#24 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 06 May 2016 18:08

kronic wrote:I see people suggesting full D1. Farming D1 is part of vanilla and will encourage RDF queuing. If everyone gets full D1 they can roll right into D2 and gear better than MC. Now what's the point? We dont want to encourage retail players to come here and just do end game and pvp.

Give players something like http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=22301 which encourages pvp and suitable for dungeons/raids
I thought of this too. I don't think there is a way to do this that won't upset some group. In the end I think the developers should pick some route that requires less work for them and go with it - or, and this might crazy, just not allow transfers to Primalwow at all. I'd be fine with that.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Meladath

#25 » Post by Meladath » 07 May 2016 12:19

Just wanted to say I think this is quite unfair. Why do they get full pvp blues? Thats like 60k honor and 4k arena points to get here. How many weeks does that take?

Then they seem to get their other slots filled with random stuff, warriors get spell power and mp5 ring wth?

Not happy about the gear situation at all, I think a set of random 50-60 greens that suit their class would be far more appropriate and fair to all parties involved given its what most fresh 60's will have.

I don't mind retail transfers at all, but if they get ANY advantage over the average fresh 60 on this server, it makes me rather sad, plus you end up with gear on classes that just isn't right at all, so its not nice for the transferred guy or fair to the players here.

candre23
Donor

#26 » Post by candre23 » 09 May 2016 14:16

I know the lvl100 requirement is in place to ensure that somebody doesn't just level to 60/70/80/whatever on retail in a couple hours and pass that off for a transfer, but wouldn't a simple /played screenshot negate that need? Assuming my account wasn't stolen in the last 5 or 6 years since I've played, I have a couple level 80s with over 200 days /played between them. It seems a shame to punish those who quit wow after WotLK, as we all agree that that's when the game really went downhill.

Honestly, there should be a /played requirement regardless. Theoretically, someone could preorder legion on a brand new account, get the free boost to 100, take a screenshot, get the transfer, and cancel their preorder to get their money back - all without playing a minute of the actual game. I mean it's a hassle and all, but it's possible.

If you're just looking to make sure that somebody requesting a transfer has put the time in to equate to a fresh 60, then any retail toon at 60+ with at least 15 days /played should more than suffice. That's about double the time it takes to hit 60 on primal, or so I understand.

saturnyouon

#27 » Post by saturnyouon » 09 May 2016 21:22

Applied for retail transfer.

Paladin lvl 81. Legit character. Stopped playing at the end of wotlk.

I logged into retail just so i could transfer it here.

I hope that i will be seeing you soon!

EDIT: Transfer decklined. So sad :( see you some oter time perhaps. Man i was so happy, eagerly awaiting for the transfer.

dplcaf

#28 » Post by dplcaf » 10 May 2016 02:06

Dymond wrote: Any request for faction change must be added to the transfer request.
I seem to have a problem, I have a 100 warlock but he is a dwarf, which is currently unavailable during the timeline. Where should I ask for the faction/race changes?

Server Name:
Expansion :
Username (or retail screenshot):
Password (not for retail):
Character:
Account:
Realm:
Accept Terms:
Request transfer:

I don't see a special comment box, if I press request transfer it says I will be unable to edit, I just don't want to mess anything up. Just having problems finding a place to put requests as I don't seem to see a option.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#29 » Post by Dymond » 10 May 2016 02:08

Add the request after you input one of the two screenshots preferably after the one in the password slot.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

dplcaf

#30 » Post by dplcaf » 10 May 2016 02:14

Thank you for the speedy reply!