Crossfraction Raiding + RDF

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

Re: Crossfraction Raiding + RDF

#31 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 27 Jul 2016 23:06

I always wanted to raid with liqueur :D
IF this fulfills this wish of mine, then I say yes.

And back when I played on spermik, in it's early stages, the server was cross faction for chat only, and trust me when I say this, it actually helped with bonding with the other side, and hate was much smaller than it is now on tw. I know there are some hardcore factionists who despise the other faction, but maybe this can shed some light on these knuckleheads and maybe they will get to lose some hate in the process.

Raiding might be problematic when faced with masterlooter, because the masterlooter can chose not to give the item to the other faction player purely out of spite. So you need to keep that in mind when doing cross faction raids. If people do these dick moves then more hate surface.

As for the pvp scene. I played on molten for a few weeks a couple of years ago. Guess what, they had cross faction pvp enabled. In bgs I often ended up on the horde team with my ally char, and hordies didn't give a damn about it. They played the bg as it should be. I got healed, I got saved, I got peeled off when needed.

Stop hating on this suggestion and give it a try. Stop hating on other faction and give it a try. Don't be dicks and don't ninja from each other.

PS. CENTAUR!
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Amoriann
Donor

#32 » Post by Amoriann » 27 Jul 2016 23:46

Blacklustersoldier wrote:I always wanted to raid with liqueur :D
IF this fulfills this wish of mine, then I say yes.

And back when I played on spermik, in it's early stages, the server was cross faction for chat only, and trust me when I say this, it actually helped with bonding with the other side, and hate was much smaller than it is now on tw. I know there are some hardcore factionists who despise the other faction, but maybe this can shed some light on these knuckleheads and maybe they will get to lose some hate in the process.

Raiding might be problematic when faced with masterlooter, because the masterlooter can chose not to give the item to the other faction player purely out of spite. So you need to keep that in mind when doing cross faction raids. If people do these dick moves then more hate surface.

As for the pvp scene. I played on molten for a few weeks a couple of years ago. Guess what, they had cross faction pvp enabled. In bgs I often ended up on the horde team with my ally char, and hordies didn't give a damn about it. They played the bg as it should be. I got healed, I got saved, I got peeled off when needed.

Stop hating on this suggestion and give it a try. Stop hating on other faction and give it a try. Don't be dicks and don't ninja from each other.

PS. CENTAUR!
Thanks luster
We really should have this enabled for the sake of server or we can watch it dying.
Professional Dps.

Fastor

#33 » Post by Fastor » 28 Jul 2016 00:28

Here is my post where noone would care, especially those who can make this happen.

Command .crossfaction on/off - enables/disables player from seeing other factions chat and joining group with other faction. That is, if some raid is making and there are members from both factions, they must had set .crossfaction on and player that did not do it wont be able to join at all.

That way, those who dont care about crossfaction can keep it off.

Additionally about worry that crossfaction will have impact mentality on people in BG, l dont really think it would change anything. Those who have friends on both sides will keep playing same. Example l still aim Ghost without any disrespect or hate or wish to friendly "bully" her, its just that she is in my range and is in combat, just as any normal BG.

mcheka

#34 » Post by mcheka » 28 Jul 2016 01:15

By the way, for anyone who thinks that crossfaction raids could be "optional" -- you have to be kidding me. They'd be optional for the dozen or so people on the server who lead raids, and even then only depending on what their guilds want. Everyone else doesn't have a choice -- they either join a raid with the crossfaction they don't like, or they don't raid. "Oh well they can start their own raids or guilds with no crossfaction", you'll say. Yeah, right.

Not saying it's an awful way to help raid activity (though waiting till the end of Sept would probably be wise before deciding this), but it's absolutely not optional. It's a full commitment, if it happens.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

BozoBog

#35 » Post by BozoBog » 28 Jul 2016 01:21

I did not want to comment on this right away, before I''ve done some thinking about it.

By comparing +1 and -1 posts I got an impression that those who voted "+1" have some facts and ideas behind it like - more people to go trough content since pop is quite low even on lvl 80, not to talk about lower leves. On the other hand, "-1" voters defend their oppinion with "I have a feeling / I forsee / I am certain this will kill the server" which sounds quite ridiculous to me.

I understand that some Horde players feel threatend by Alliance guilds, but hey, don't blame Divinity and Inquisition for losing players

In the end, I'd vote +1 for this, we can have it atleast temporarily until server comes to some better days.
Last edited by Anonymous on 30 Jul 2016 16:36, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed attempt to flame. Please don't flame other users.
Economist- Demonology Warlock
Eco - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Prevarant - Fury/Prot Warrior
Morgoth - Frost/UH Death Knight
Anduil - Prot/Holy Paladin
Kandilo - Disc/Shadow Priest
Unsated - Restoration Shaman
Blazing - Markmanship Hunter
Hetada - Protection/Retribution Paladin
Izildur - Fire / 1112 Mage

devil5000

#36 » Post by devil5000 » 28 Jul 2016 02:38

BozoBog wrote:
I understand that some Horde players feel threatend by Alliance guilds, but hey, don't blame Divinity and Inquisition for losing players, instead stop treating people like garbage and stop ninjaing items so you can give them to your internet girlfriends. (Sorry for Off Topic)
Why do you bash people for no reason?
Splico wrote:+1, no one likes ally scum, but its for server benefit. Lvling alts without rdf is soul crushing experience (after you seen almost all u can thru other toons).

I would also suggest to make some events (anniversary events, etc) like many servers have that kill monotony of blizz content (same as blizz did with world events). Making a boss of some shit thing an 80's raid with crazy mechanics and vanity loot + bragging rights, for 2 weeks, would bring some fresh air. For example u have/had events staged by ppl on PW. Am sure devs would make some nasty shit to make you loss hours on and not stress out, but have fun. Might even bring memories to ppl how it was doing some raids for first time, trying to progress and bring them back to more serious raiding.

Last thing if nothing works make a lvl 70 boost option on web shop to get more ppl to try server (after short lvling). For a limited time, but now during our "low" period, so you can move it from free to web points if it picks up or remove it altogether. Of course all this with staff and community spreading this news.

Sorry for long post. Went from +1 to saving private Ryan
Lets add gear donations with that too and rename the name of the server to FunWow maybe?
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

Nyeriah

#37 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Jul 2016 02:47

Let's please not turn this discussion into yet another flame war.

I think it's clear that nobody wants this, and most definitely we're not looking forward doing this. But eventually, as Roel has said, if it comes down to the point where it's made necessary to keep the activity going, then I don't see why wouldn't we go for it.

It's not a permanent solution by any means, the same way that at PrimalWoW it's not a permanent solution.

However, there's some sort of feeling of panic. It seems people have it print in their minds that we're dying and doomed to this fate, and people seem more engaged into doomsaying and giving up, abandoning ship rather than standing up and doing anything to help.

We are most definitely not giving up on anything and the past days we've been working hard, stressing ourselves to find improvements to be made and changes that could affect our longevity. Hopefully we'll be able to overcome the saddening effect of all the goodbye topics and general pessimistic view that has shrouded our community.

BozoBog

#38 » Post by BozoBog » 28 Jul 2016 03:00

devil5000 wrote:
BozoBog wrote:
I understand that some Horde players feel threatend by Alliance guilds, but hey, don't blame Divinity and Inquisition for losing players, instead stop treating people like garbage and stop ninjaing items so you can give them to your internet girlfriends. (Sorry for Off Topic)
Why do you bash people for no reason?
Its not my fault that truth hurts you. Grow up and embrace your failiures. I said that because people are using their personal hatred to affect decision that is supposed to be server wide, while at same time presenting it as racional reason for something not to be implemented. Google "hypocrisy".
Nyeriah wrote:
I think it's clear that nobody wants this, and most definitely we're not looking forward doing this. But eventually, as Roel has said, if it comes down to the point where it's made necessary to keep the activity going, then I don't see why wouldn't we go for it.
How do you mean "It's clear that nobody wants this"? Did we read same topic? We have more people here with +1 than we had for Transmog. This is ridiculous. But well, this is not the first nor the last time that people in power make server wide decisions based on their own oppinion, we can have 99% agreement and if that 1% are certain people, we can just flush the suggestion.

Edit:
I counted 10 yes, 14 no. I could be wrong tho, its a bit late.
Nobody = 0 out of total. 10/24 is 42%. So far. I can't say math is my strongest area, but 42% =/= 0.

Apologies for cynicism and sarcasam, sometimes it's stronger than me.

Nyeriah

#39 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Jul 2016 03:07

BozoBog wrote: How do you mean "It's clear that nobody wants this"? Did we read same topic? We have more people here with +1 than we had for Transmog. This is ridiculous. But well, this is not the first nor the last time that people in power make server wide decisions based on their own oppinion, we can have 99% agreement and if that 1% are certain people, we can just flush the suggestion.
Are you serious? Why so hostile? There are more people with +1 here than we had for transmog?

Cross-faction is a regression. There's nothing to be desired in that. I understand how it's demanded because of the low activity of late and the benefits it may bring, judging the current scenario, but it doesn't change what this move eventually is - a regression.

I would suggest trying another activity to relieve stress other than randomly attacking people though.

BozoBog

#40 » Post by BozoBog » 28 Jul 2016 03:14

Nyeriah wrote: Are you serious? Why so hostile? There are more people with +1 here than we had for transmog?
I wanted to say that we have simmilar situation - community is not even close to being unanimous, yet staff is making decisions based on like 50% of votes. If you ask me why, I'd say because of personal favourisam towards subject / players.

I apologize if I sounded harsh or hostile. I am just disapointed to see someone with "Admin" rank, afaik that is 2nd in command after Roel, to act as you did. You wanted to dismiss a suggetion supported by around 50% of people who commented on topic claiming that "Nobody wants it".

Nyeriah

#41 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Jul 2016 03:25

Alright so I'll rephrase what I said in a way that can't be led to any multiple interpretations:

- This is not something anyone at TrueWoW would ever wish for because it does represent a step back, a regression.
- Regardless of the aforementioned, and the fact that this is, considering the conjuncture of our server, a negative change I still think that IN MY OPINION we should do it and people shouldn't see it as an omen of the end of times, nor as something permanent.

So IN MY OPINION, it's too soon to move forward with this and we should wait a little longer until such compromise is taken. But as Roel said, it's still up to the community to decide.

I would only wish my rank doesn't hinder my freedom of expressing my thoughts and we could still be friends after all of this :)

Oh, and btw: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 65#p379537
(48 / 65 = 73.8461538%)

Amoriann
Donor

#42 » Post by Amoriann » 28 Jul 2016 05:02

Nyeriah wrote: Oh, and btw: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 65#p379537
(48 / 65 = 73.8461538%)
Wait only 65 people play in TW ? didnt know that :D
Professional Dps.

kryptos

#43 » Post by kryptos » 28 Jul 2016 05:16

I doubt that if cross faction is enabled, it won't be permanent. This will be a band-aid fix that might give a temporary solution to the problem of less people for raids but will actually result in the server gradually losing players. And once that starts happening, there is no way we would be able to remove this feature. Its easy to say that people should let go of their hate towards other guilds/faction and we might have had far less problems than we have right now if that were true. But the reality is that people can't even resist attacking others on forum posts.
When it is suggested that that those who do not want to raid with the other faction can switch the feature off, it seems like an option is being given to them. But think about it, both the factions are already suffering from low population, when some of the people from one faction, lets say horde, decide to enable cross faction and raid with the alliance, the remaining horde players who do not want to raid with alliance will have even fewer players to form a raid with. The same situation will be there on the alliance side as well. Now these players can either enable cross faction for themselves, which they don't want, or start losing interest and move away from the server. What do you think will happen?

Nyeriah

#44 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Jul 2016 05:20

Amoriann wrote:
Nyeriah wrote: Oh, and btw: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 65#p379537
(48 / 65 = 73.8461538%)
Wait only 65 people play in TW ? didnt know that :D
No. It's not only 65 people that play on TrueWoW, Amorian. But 65 is about as many people as visit and read the forums everyday, with several others that never posted anything at forums but wished to participate of that discussion. BozoZog tried to establish a comparison of this and the other discussion and claimed decisions were taken even though a 50% of the quorum had voiced themselves unfavorable to it, I was showing him that such claim does not proceed.

Now, what's your purpose, Amorian? Where are you trying to get?

I start to regret posting in this topic, all I got was cheap sarcasm and random attacks. Should have just sticked to issuing warnings and just bothering to say anything about it when it was discussed internally. Oh well, energy is better spent on other things.

shaun03

#45 » Post by shaun03 » 28 Jul 2016 06:46

Anybody who began playing here from the early years will recognise that it isn't a hate between the factions or guild, but a competitive rivalry. It's not unhealthy, and you're all only feeling the way you are because technically there's nothing left to play for here.

A while back the number of people required to start a battleground was decreased, which was a good change, but now nobody joins it at all. I'll say it again, sort out this problem, and you'll not only attract more players, but keep the ones you have. A good idea that I saw on another server was allowing people to join a BG queue as well as the RDF system at the same time.
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]