Rework: Attumen the Huntsman

Nyeriah

Rework: Attumen the Huntsman

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Jul 2016 05:05

REWORK:
ATTUMEN THE HUNTSMAN

BRIEFING
[/b]
Attumen the Huntsman is the first encounter of the haunted tower of Karazhan. Proud owner of Midnight, the mightiest horse in the stables, Attumen fiercely rushes to her defense once she's endangered.

Attumen's popularity is much due to the fact he has a chance of dropping a mount that resembles his own, the [Fiery Warhorse's Reins]

The purpose of this rework is to adjust his encounter mechanics so they're more similar to his official script.

Instance: Karazhan (Raid)
Expansion: The Burning Crusade
Encounter: Attumen the Huntsman (1)
Difficulty: Easy (Gear check)

Mechanics
  • - Midnight spawns Attumen (unmounted) at reaching 95% health.
    - Once either unit is damaged down to 25%, they'll rush to their partner and spawn Attumen (mounted).
    - If Midnight's health is higher than Attumen's (unmounted) during the transition, Attumen's (mounted) health will be equalized with Midnight (his health will be set to the same percentage Midnight had).
    - Attumen (mounted) casts visual smoke spell on spawn.
    - Attumen can be disarmed and disarming him will trigger his yell.
    - Midnight and Attumen (unmounted) can never be killed.
    - Threat resets at the 3rd phase transition (mounted phase).
    - Pulling Midnight should cause every alive horse in the stables to engage players.
    - Pulling either Attumen or Midnight out of the stables should despawn them (cause an encounter reset)

Abilities
  • Midnight
    • [table][tr][th]Ability[/th][th]Description[/th][th]Timer[/th][th]Target[/th][th]Status[/th][/tr]
      [tr][td]Knockdown[/td][td]Deals damage and knocks down the target, briefly stunning them.[/td][td]15-25 Seconds[/td][td]Current Target[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr][/table]
    Attumen (unmounted)
    • [table][tr][th]Ability[/th][th]Description[/th][th]Timer[/th][th]Target[/th][th]Status[/th][/tr]
      [tr][td]Shadow Cleave[/td][td]Frontal damage. Hits main target and nearest allies.[/td][td]15-25 Seconds[/td][td]Current Target[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr]
      [tr][td]Intangible Presence[/td][td]Reduces the target's chance to hit by 50%. Should be dispelled.[/td][td]25-45 Seconds[/td][td]Random Target[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr][/table]
    Attumen (mounted)
      [tr][td]Shadow Cleave[/td][td]Frontal damage. Hits main target and nearest allies.[/td][td]15-25 Seconds[/td][td]Current Target[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr]
      [tr][td]Intangible Presence[/td][td]Reduces the target's chance to hit by 50%. Should be dispelled.[/td][td]25-45 Seconds[/td][td]Random Target[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr]
      [tr][td]Knockdown[/td][td]Deals damage and knocks down the target, briefly stunning them.[/td][td]25-35 Seconds[/td][td]Current Target[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr]
      [tr][td]Charge[/td][td]Charges a random enemy, knocking them back and briefly stunning them.[/td][td]10-25 Seconds[/td][td]Random Target (5 yards away)[/td][td]Working[/td][/tr][/table]
Bugs Fixed
  • - Wiping during Attumen's encounter will no longer stuck the instance in combat, preventing players from entering it.
    - Solved issue that caused multiple spawns of Attumen if players wiped in some specific scenarios.
    - Attumen and Midnight can now be targeted and attacked during phase transition.
Bug Reports
Retail Video (DEVELOPMENT PURPOSE ONLY)
Showcase Video
ETA
Live at PTR at: 24/07/2016
Live at TrueWoW at: 26/07/2016
TrinityCore commit: 4c4d92faa3b9e82fbabffb03eb63761b282f03a2

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

Re: Rework: Attumen the Huntsman

#2 » Post by Errorista » 23 Jul 2016 10:29

added second bug report about "- Pulling Midnight should cause every alive horse in the stables to engage players."

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Jul 2016 23:59

Live at PTR. I'll give it a couple of days then either push or PTR at TrinityCore

Gnurg

#4 » Post by Gnurg » 24 Jul 2016 00:57

This is what all reports should look. ^_^ :tick:
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Fastor

#5 » Post by Fastor » 24 Jul 2016 01:11

He does not charge at me, however l do remember when l was farming him charging at me when was right next to me under 5y (bug ofc).

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Jul 2016 01:14

He shouldn't charge you if you're within 5 yards distance from him or further than 40 yards away

Fastor

#7 » Post by Fastor » 24 Jul 2016 01:35

Nyeriah wrote:He shouldn't charge you if you're within 5 yards distance from him or further than 40 yards away
l know, l was blink and run away in his range for charge and nothing.

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Jul 2016 05:16

Okay, I'll check it tomorrow. Any other issues? I'll find a way to solve that last issue remaining so it'll probably be in perfect shape for release

Chillmaster

#9 » Post by Chillmaster » 24 Jul 2016 12:12

That is a lot of work for 1 person only, hands down, thanks for the dedication.
I would love, in time, to see the chess boss working.

Eronox
MVP

#10 » Post by Eronox » 24 Jul 2016 12:48

You're a godness..!

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Jul 2016 06:08

This is now live at our server (after restart) and has also been published to TC. Added video of encounter after changes at main post.

The issues Fastor reported and any other possible issues found these days of testing were solved, only the issue in red still remains.

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 01 Aug 2016 02:33

Just one issue remaining, I'll solve it and lock this thread afterwards. If there are arising issues, please report them here until it's locked or at the bugtracker afterwards.

mcheka

#14 » Post by mcheka » 01 Aug 2016 06:15

Finally got to see the rework today. I was in for a nasty surprise when I pulled the boss without clearing the room, but was in for a pleasant surprise when the boss was working so well compared to before. Really great job!
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Longi

#15 » Post by Longi » 01 Aug 2016 07:33

mcheka wrote:Finally got to see the rework today. I was in for a nasty surprise when I pulled the boss without clearing the room, but was in for a pleasant surprise when the boss was working so well compared to before. Really great job!
Is shadow cleave hitting for 18k + or dmg of that ability is fixed too ?