Does primal wow worth now?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
xdrazen

Does primal wow worth now?

#1 » Post by xdrazen » 26 Sep 2016 04:07

Hi there...
i would like to know if the server is going down mean the population is going do
wn??

Then the server does not worth... And even if i sound so selfish. I do not wanna waste the bit of time that i have
give me a clue about the population pls

Glonz

Re: Does primal wow worth now?

#2 » Post by Glonz » 26 Sep 2016 06:45

The population is stagnant

Legion hit hard for some guilds, but there are definitely enough people to raid here, we got like 3-4 guilds doing raid

also here is clue about population is very helpful is called "chart for online"

it show online people for last week hope this is good clue

ok here it is: http://truewow.org/online-charts you must scroll down and you find enlightenment

ghuna

#3 » Post by ghuna » 26 Sep 2016 08:22

The adds are coming alive
Colener

warangels

#4 » Post by warangels » 28 Sep 2016 20:24

This server is 110% worth to play, there is no similar PVE server with the same fixes. It is not bug free, but believe me, you will found very few bugs, and none of those will let you think you choosed the wrong server. I like PVE, and this is so far the best server I've found after Nostalrius.
Ofc imho!!!

furiousnow

#5 » Post by furiousnow » 02 Oct 2016 02:08

The population is a bit low but the quality is really on point imo.

olabola

#6 » Post by olabola » 02 Oct 2016 17:35

The server is worth it by a mile! It is a great server for PvE, unfortunately pvp is unbalanced as hell.

And yes, Legion really hit a blow, and population has declined alot over the last few months. Something should be done/discussed how to increase the population again.

I know a few people is annoyed with the fact that bosses gets "fixed", but without testing after fixing, which results in unkillable bosses until next week, one example would be visc, which was going from unkillable (fixed)--> Killable +abit buggy (fixed) --> unkillable (fixed) --> killable (again buggy then fixed) --> unkillable (fixed) --> now retail quality

warangels

#7 » Post by warangels » 03 Oct 2016 14:28

Some1 said in world chat, that the most part of population comes from YouTube videos and something else I sadly dont remember... Personally I have very bad skill on filming, setting up things, but I offer my partecipation on whatever You guys think it is needed to bring more ppl playing this very good server. We should also promote our community, 'cause I keep readin ppl leaving other servers and come to ours, because of "too many racists on that community". I think tha community is another strong point we have, so I renew my disponibility to help PW grow up in population.

Eronox
MVP

#8 » Post by Eronox » 04 Oct 2016 21:39

warangels wrote:Some1 said in world chat, that the most part of population comes from YouTube videos and something else I sadly dont remember... Personally I have very bad skill on filming, setting up things, but I offer my partecipation on whatever You guys think it is needed to bring more ppl playing this very good server. We should also promote our community, 'cause I keep readin ppl leaving other servers and come to ours, because of "too many racists on that community". I think tha community is another strong point we have, so I renew my disponibility to help PW grow up in population.
The income from YouTube are mostly from server reviewers, like Dodgykebab. An area of videos I have no idea why its existence is popular.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

oooooooooolde
Donor

#9 » Post by oooooooooolde » 05 Oct 2016 00:18

There are a few issues at play that I'm gonna try and outline:

Low pop = usually a nice community, since your individual reputation matters more. If we somehow got a constant 2k pop, there are bound to be bad apples among the newcomers and we would most likely end up loosing that reputation relatively fast.

But on the other hand - the vast majority of people look for servers with high population, because they believe it automatically correlates with good quality. In some cases this is true, IE. Warmane got a lot of stuff working, but there's also a plethora of reasons not to go there. But for the average PuG'er the population size outweighs the negatives.

A lot of people are also enjoying new servers since it has a new spark to it. I believe this is why people flock to whatever server major youtubers review. Usually these servers are FOTM and can have upwards of an instant 2k population, but population falls incredibly fast after the first few weeks, and usually ends up being labeled dead.

A lot of people are also going for "true vanilla", and don't care much for our hybrid at the moment. Hopefully we will get a bit higher pop during autumn/winter with Naxx dropping. Depending on release that would make put us ahead of a few of our competitors. Additionally I know we are gonna get a huge spike with TBC dropping - depending on how staff handles the release

At the moment there isn't much we can do to garner attention IMO and we should focus on preparing for the future

Kniteknite

#10 » Post by Kniteknite » 05 Oct 2016 08:45

I think it does worth now, but thinking of the future is smart ~ :)

Keez, gidyap !
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

trikun

#11 » Post by trikun » 05 Oct 2016 16:59

I'am a new comer here so take this as an opinion peace. Currently playing Undead Warlock (25), and haven't seen a single bug quest yet, also i have done all the dungeons available to my level an all work just fine.

Regarding the low populations it does't butter me because of the cross faction guilds and parties. The fact that i'am able to play and communicate with the "other" faction is great. I think this is something Blizzard should have done because it makes the community stronger, I mean this is a PVE server, so there is not need for stupid hatred between players that are just trying to get fun.

This server has the best community i ever seen in years of playing both retail and private.