Save us ! ... friendly forum....

Off-topic posts of interest to the World of Warcraft community.
Longi

Save us ! ... friendly forum....

#1 » Post by Longi » 06 Dec 2016 20:52

As off topic name say this post will be parody and full of sarcasm ... or maybe no

Gnurg and her spam of ideas. It started sometimes in Semptember 2016. From the beginning it seemed as an innocent fun. One girl had tons of ideas ( mostly stupid and bad ) so she decided to share them with us. But what did happen after ? Ideas were rejected and rejected and rejected and she spammed forum more and more and than ! than it comes ... People started leaving the server ....

Coincidence ?

I dont think so ... people had enough of that shitty reading on our forum so they rather left, yes they rather left the server than stay here reading all these rejected ideas

so

Some players would like to have a andti -shit forum posts without spam, stupid posts, trolls and so o. Could we perhaps set up a forum bot auto-banning when certain people like Gnurg will post in specific section of forum like Suggestion.

The ban should be given in 3 levels: 5 days , 14 days and perma ban. Upon banning, the bot should write on the forum: "Player <name> was banned for 5/14 days or perma ban for <reason>.

So have a nice day ! :)

Kniteknite

Re: Save us ! ... friendly forum....

#2 » Post by Kniteknite » 06 Dec 2016 23:32

Moderators should be able to deal with stuff like this, striking posts which detract from the conversation like trolling. Opinions should be considered, I believe, and banning ppl from forum = banning potential votes, so... just My humble opinion ~

Just voted again~ :)
[youtube]SiMHTK15Pik[/youtube]
Last edited by Kniteknite on 06 Dec 2016 23:42, edited 2 times in total.
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Eronox
MVP

#3 » Post by Eronox » 06 Dec 2016 23:40

Parody and sarcasm thread? Okay okay hmmm...

You're the new type of retard

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

NoblestHeart
Donor

#4 » Post by NoblestHeart » 07 Dec 2016 00:33

Longi wrote:As off topic name say this post will be parody and full of sarcasm ... or maybe no

Gnurg and her spam of ideas. It started sometimes in Semptember 2016. From the beginning it seemed as an innocent fun. One girl had tons of ideas ( mostly stupid and bad ) so she decided to share them with us. But what did happen after ? Ideas were rejected and rejected and rejected and she spammed forum more and more and than ! than it comes ... People started leaving the server ....

Coincidence ?

I dont think so ... people had enough of that shitty reading on our forum so they rather left, yes they rather left the server than stay here reading all these rejected ideas

so

Some players would like to have a andti -shit forum posts without spam, stupid posts, trolls and so o. Could we perhaps set up a forum bot auto-banning when certain people like Gnurg will post in specific section of forum like Suggestion.

The ban should be given in 3 levels: 5 days , 14 days and perma ban. Upon banning, the bot should write on the forum: "Player <name> was banned for 5/14 days or perma ban for <reason>.

So have a nice day ! :)
This sounds like personal bashing to me. At least Gnurg is trying to making positive suggestions and not having a negative attitude towards everything.

Edit: Also if Gnurg was spamming and the staff got sick of the threads they can tell Gnurg off.

Edit2: If you had problems with Gnurg, couldn't you have said something through private messaging (or pm'd one of the staff) instead of making a public thread.

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 07 Dec 2016 01:16

This is just a sarcasm/satire thread, I had already locked it but I had to give in to the popular demand because I heard people wanted to give a response to it. Otherwise, forgettable.

Suggestions are always welcome regardless of who they come from, or what they propose. Gnurg has done a lot to help our server and improve it, so she has our thanks for everything she has done.

Saddie

#6 » Post by Saddie » 07 Dec 2016 03:59

Even if most of her ideas(most - because it wasn't all of them) got rejected, at least she tries, and she has done more for the server than pretty much any of us players for that matter.

I still found the OP kind of funny however. :lol:

Rohit

#7 » Post by Rohit » 07 Dec 2016 04:24

Eronox wrote:Parody and sarcasm thread? Okay okay hmmm...

You're the new type of retard
Couldn't have said it any better.

The purpose of this thread really beats me.

I don't believe that OP has ever put anything positive or been helpful in any of his posts for the improvement of the server or the community but rather have seen plenty of his posts always somehow directing towards how dead the server is.

When you cannot do anything good and someone is trying to do something or the other (for the betterment of the server of course and the decision is totally upon staff's discretion and public opinion) then whats YOUR problem and why're YOU creating hindrances? :roll:
Character list:

Rohit Co-GM of Gentlemen Club - Holy PvP / Retribution PvE
Androgeus - Unholy PvE / Frost PvE
Xerses - Fury PvE / Protection PvE
Yantrik - Fire PvE
Feraligator - Restoration PvE / Feral PvE
Shamanz - Restoration PvE
Ameliorate - Shadow PvE / Discipline PvE
Hawkeyez - Marksmanship PvE
Zhingalala - Demonology PvE / Destruction PvE
Cryptian - Subtlety PvP 29 twink

Quit TW, amazing staff, REALLY!

Royo

#8 » Post by Royo » 07 Dec 2016 05:10

Does anybody like soccer?

Gnurg

#9 » Post by Gnurg » 07 Dec 2016 08:52

Don't be too hard on longi, I do indeed spam the forum with many poor suggestions, so he is right about that part. :P Luckily every 10th suggestion I make seems to be a decent one.

I think the overall problem with the forum is that it is awfully boring. Sometimes you need threads like one to spike some activity. Ideally it shouldn't be based around a player, but rather a shared interest. I thought the competition I made around euro championsship was fun, sadly only 8 players gave their predictions, but I think it got a decent ammount of views. http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35274
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Eronox
MVP

#10 » Post by Eronox » 07 Dec 2016 09:05

Gnurg wrote:I think it got a decent ammount of views. http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35274
Too bad TW is running on PHPbb CMS and therefor most likely over fifty of the total percentage views is bots and roots. (Search engines i.e)

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Gnurg

#11 » Post by Gnurg » 07 Dec 2016 09:53

Eronox wrote:
Gnurg wrote:I think it got a decent ammount of views. http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35274
Too bad TW is running on PHPbb CMS and therefor most likely over fifty of the total percentage views is bots and roots. (Search engines i.e)
1000 views is fairly decent anyways. It's just an example on what kind of topic we should/could have more of. :-)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

adiba

#12 » Post by adiba » 07 Dec 2016 10:15

Pfft, I love her spams and she has certainly done more for TW than the lot of us.

#Gnurgforpresident

testeromir

#13 » Post by testeromir » 07 Dec 2016 10:25

I would like to see Longi's 4th episode of TW dramas. That would be fun :P
Truewow:
Proghaan
Testera
Woden
Taman
Mudu
Testeram
Gemark
Frithell
Nibghaan

Primalwow:
Proghaan

warangels

#14 » Post by warangels » 07 Dec 2016 16:19

adiba wrote:Pfft, I love her spams and she has certainly done more for TW than the lot of us.

#Gnurgforpresident
+1

Sarcasm or not...how retard can you be by saying that players left for het forum spam? Neverending retarded imho...
or maybe gimme your pusher's phone number, he has very powerfull stuffz...

devil5000

#15 » Post by devil5000 » 07 Dec 2016 17:53

Why exactly would we restrict people's right to post on forums? Amount of people visiting forums and reading topics is already low so why exactly make it lower.Last time i checked it was free to post whatever you want or make any suggestion as long as it didnt break any of the rules.Suggestion isn't accepted just by posting it so i dont see why people would get banned or warned for that.
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya