Retail Transfer requirements

Finnober

Retail Transfer requirements

#1 » Post by Finnober » 16 Jan 2017 15:49

Hey there,

I recently started playing on your servers with my girlfriend after a long pause of WoW (5 years or more). Last time I checked, my main character had 550 days of playtime and pretty much every achievement/equipment available in Wotlk and the beginning of Cataclysm. Aforementioned Character is now lvl 85, since that was the level limit at that time.
I requested the reasons for the lvl 100 requirement in retail-transfers and the staff told me it was a hasty solution. I'd suggest to change that to better reflect the interests of players who paused for a long time.
I want to play here for the old content and because I like the progression-idea. I don't want to feed Blizzard more money to play content I don't like just to be eligible for a transfer here.
I sometimes like raiding and feel like I'm kinda good at it (was raiding with Set Sail For Fail for 2-3 years)---but again, since I'm in a relationship now I can only casually follow that interest. A kickstart with a transfer would definitely suit my interests.

I also think that a little more population couldn't hurt the community here

Sincerely
Flausbert/Finnober

Eronox
MVP

Re: Retail Transfer requirements

#2 » Post by Eronox » 16 Jan 2017 17:08

So you're asking for an exception regarding the i80 template?
Well, max level @ Retail = max level @ TW (TemplateChar)

I understand where you are coming from, your perspective is common and fits my own very well. However, if an exception would be made, would that not be unfair to the rest of the transfers? As there are plenty people who filled for 70 template yet having characters around 85/95.

To be honest I'm not determined which option would be the ultimate, but this is my opinion and clarify of information to you :)

Best of luck!

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Finnober

#3 » Post by Finnober » 16 Jan 2017 18:08

I'm kinda asking to put the playtime into the equation. I leveled a LOT. On multiple accounts. And since I'm requesting a transfer to the progressive realm wouldn't it be fair to take the max level of the respective expansion? I'm not really i8nterested in the leveling process, since I did that on multipleoccasions.

shadowsilverdk

#4 » Post by shadowsilverdk » 16 Jan 2017 20:19

I had the same issue sadly. I stopped playing at the end of MoP, so my character is level 90. Even if the hundreds of hours and rather large collection of stuff wouldn't come over, i too requested a transfer of my old main to the Primal server. But since the level requirement was 100, it was declined.

All in all, good luck man :)

TheWatcher

#5 » Post by TheWatcher » 17 Jan 2017 02:55

The staff could meet people like this half way and give a character temple of level 30 - 40 with just enough gold to buy skills and maybe a few pieces of gear off the AH or just gold for skills. Though my personal opinion is I do recommend to level a character just the same if the staff don't want to do a transfer.