Ulduar: A work in progress..

Pausas

Ulduar: A work in progress..

#1 » Post by Pausas » 10 Jan 2013 00:11

After seeking around the forum, i failed to find a topic strickly related to this raid, where i could post bugs about not only the raid bosses, but also about quest lines, npcs, and general stuff, so i decided to create this one and watch for some feedback from the community and the staff.

With this thread, i hope that we can raise the ammount of ppl running Ulduar weekly, and also raise the quality of the raid overall, including not only bugs, but also the knowledge of our players about each difrent encounter.

For a start, i would like to mention that this for now includes only what i've seen so far, anything that i missed will be welcome.

Boss encounters:

Ignis the Furnace Master - There is only one annoying problem with this boss that i was able to spot, wich is his hitbox being to small. I was offtanking this one, and noticed that in order to hit the boss, i had to be pretty much on his knees to be in range. This is an annoying thing, specially because the boss has to be kited around, and the dps will have to be literally in the middle of the fire when it spawns.
In the other side, everything else works fine, with the exception of both achievements. I killed 2 adds at the same time on the water and no achievement was awarded, same goes for all those that got ported inside the slag pot and got no achievement for surviving it.

Razorscale - Nothing to say about this one, all waves are normal, all his habilitys were used and everything was on the right time.

XT-002 Deconstructor - This one has the same problem as Ignis, his hitbox is way to small, i as tanking him, and noticed that because of his small hitbox the boss would end up going underground easily, getting himself out of los.
Hard Mode is currently impossible to trigger, as his heart does spawn every time, wich is a good thing, that wasnt happening before, but its still counted as invalid target.
The ammount of adds was a bit to much, we noticed that every 25% the boss goes down, and adds come from the 3 sides from where they are suposed to spawn. As far as i know, adds should spawn from 1 side at a time only, being 1 side for each 25% (side X for 75%, side Y for 50% and side Z for 25%)

Assembly of Iron - The encounter itself works fine, all abilitys are used, we had no los issues, all hitbox's are fine and they trigger theyr new abilitys for every new phase.
As u all may know, currently there is no achievement credit awarded for this boss, making all the hard mode achievements not possible, and also The Antechamber of Ulduar not fully completable.
Today we managed to down the hardest mode of Assembly of Iron (Steelbreaker last) and i noticed that the healing part is a bit strange: He does regain hp when the main tank dies from meltdown, but he also regained some hp out of randomness (when he was about 2.2m he got back to 2.8, without anyone dying or anything similar to that). Archivum Data Disc dropped, but this chain is a problem still, but i'll point this out later.

Kologarn - This is probably one of the most problematic boss's, out of those that are scripted already. Both of his arms simply refuse to vanish. We killed Right arm, but it refused to stop grabbing the raid members, even after his death. Killing both the arms did not spawn any adds, and killing them didnt not affect the main body's health. We managed to kill the boss, but with only 2 raid members left alive in the end, due to the constant grabbing (by the right arm's ghost). The arms do not return upon getting killed (i suppose they are never truely dead, wich explains the fact that they still grab ppl, the hp of main body is not affected, and no adds are spawned.

Auriaya - The cats do not return after being killed the first time, even after a wipe. The rest of the encounter works good, except the fact that standing inside the dark pool spawned when the feral defender is killed does not do any damage at all.

Hodir - Killing this boss does not count towards any of his achievements, but the mechanisms of this boss work pretty good. Despite the boss itself being working, the npcs that provide the buffs for the encounter are bugged. They are traped inside ice blocks, but those iceblocks keep killing the npcs. On this try we ended up with no ncps at all, because we didnt reach hodir in time to save them from the ice blocks.

Freya - Can't recall exactly but her mechanism seemed working the last time we attempted her. In the other hand, elders seemed bugged:
Elder Stonebark's Petrified Bark still affects both melee and ranged attacks instead of just melee.
Elder Brightleaf's number of sun beams spawned is a bit to big for each time, this is just me assuming, because the boss gets like 90% more damage and huge ammount of heals on himself when standing in the beam, instead of a smaller amount like it should be (we had this same problem back on spermik when we 1st reached conservatory of life).

Thorim - Phase 1 works, all the mobs are spawned and killable there. After this, nothing works. Killing them does not trigger the mechanism to open the door to split the raid into 2 groups, neither the mobs start to spawn on the ring area.

Misc:

Combat bug issues after Kologarn and Ignis.

For Ignis, i have no idea why this happened, no traces of mobs killing anyone or stuck in the zone were seen. Only small idea i have that might be causing this is the fact that there were adds alive in the moment ignis died.
For Kologarn, when the boss died, there were at least 2 invisible adds killing 2 difrent members of the raid, killable only by Thorns, Lightning Shield and Retri Aura (there might be more, but cant remember any atm).

Archivum Data Disc like i mentioned before, this spawned from the hard mode encounter of Assembly of Iron, and the quest was completable on the Console spawned at the room behind the Assembly. After this, the problem starts:

Delivering the quest into this console does not trigger the event, meaning that no npcs spawn, resulting in the fact that Prospector Doren is not in the area to reward the person with the next quest, The Celestial Planetarium (this quest does work tho, with gm assitance i was able to get it and confirm this, just it can't be delivered atm, nor picked up without a gm). I can confirm that Algalon is not spawned atm, so the only way to move further in this chain (in order to attempt to acess algalon's room) Is to either fix the event, or to manually spawn the npc in that room.

That would be all for now, i could use some reports on how Flame Leviathan is working atm, cus i got no clue myself. Hope this can help, and i truely hope we can see more sucessfull attempts on this raid in a close future :)
Currently playing retail
Pausas - Level 80 Human Warrior
Solareon - Level 80 Draenei Shaman

Pausas

Re: Ulduar: A work in progress..

#2 » Post by Pausas » 10 Jan 2013 00:26

I would also like to ask if it's possible to add the achievement criteria for Assembly of Iron in the achievement The Antechamber of Ulduar and the achievement I Choose You, Steelbreaker for completing the hard mode of this encounter to all my raid.

The raid members were:

Me (Pausas)
Flawless
Zerec
Chicken
Beastslayer
Mithrandra
Boxis
Battlefield
Arthwen
Pilecasalama

i can provide a ss if needed

Thanks in advance

Edit: nvm this, it got fixed meanwhile we waited.
Last edited by Pausas on 30 Jul 2013 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
Currently playing retail

Teal Deer

#3 » Post by Teal Deer » 10 Jan 2013 00:31

^ great post :)

could be a sticky.

Darchrow
Donor

#4 » Post by Darchrow » 10 Jan 2013 13:07

teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Drago

#5 » Post by Drago » 10 Jan 2013 13:22

Darchrow wrote:viewtopic.php?f=3&t=364&start=0&hilit=ulduar
Pausas wrote:i failed to find a topic strickly related to this raid, where i could post bugs about not only the raid bosses, but also about quest lines, npcs, and general stuff, so i decided to create this one and watch for some feedback from the community and the staff.
Nice job Pausas :)
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Darchrow
Donor

#6 » Post by Darchrow » 10 Jan 2013 13:38

what i meant is that he could've posted on the other topic
nice fail drago
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Pausas

#7 » Post by Pausas » 11 Jan 2013 16:38

Well u both are right in a certain way, i could have posted on that one, true, but that one is for general stuff, not only for Ulduar. Like i mentioned i wanted a topic strickly retaled to this raid, where ppl could post a feedback to this only.
Anyway if some mod/gm says so i'll gladly move the information to that thread. Meanwhile, some feedback regarding the raid would be nice :D
Currently playing retail

Pausas

#8 » Post by Pausas » 30 Jul 2013 13:53

I could just edit the main topic, but i'll leave it there in case someone wants to follow the progress of the bugs lol.

Here it goes:

Flame Leviathan -

- He's not affected by the slow debuff that the ignited tars should cause, making it way harder to kite the boss.
- Shutdown does not stop movement like it should, the boss keeps moving during shutdown, instead of just stay there for the full duration of the ability.
- Pyrite grab causes the demolishers to destroy themselvs, unmounting the players and leading to a painfull death :D
- Rockets, both on the Siege's passenger seat and on the Demolisher's passenger seat, are doing an huge ammount of friendly fire, same for the ignited tars, and (possibily, not entirely sure of this one) the Demolisher's main cannon.
Regarding towers:
- I did not test it more than just with 1 tower up, but i can confirm 2 things and report some bugs:
- Upon downing FL with 1 tower up, no achievement is awarded. I'm gonna assume the same happens with 2, 3 or 4 towers up, even tho that is quite impossible atm.
- The tower mechanism affects not only the boss, but the whole section of the raid. For example, when we downed FL with 1 tower up, the buff of the tower remained, affecting all the other bosses and trash mobs too. Killing the tower did not work, as it was invulnerable to damage at this time.
- After starting the boss with 1 or more towers up, the small dwarfs seem to get an immortality aura. They just wont die, god knows why...

Ignis the Furnace Master - The boss itself works great, only 2 things seems to be bugged in this encounter, 1 good and 1 bad.

- When inside the slag pot, you can still attack the boss, taunt adds, heal the others, u'r just stuck there, but can still use abilitys. I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to work, but i have serious doubts it is.
- The hit box is to damn small, you have to sit right under the boss to be in melee hit range, wich is kinda annoying, considering his size.
- Hot Pocket and Shattered do not work, but i can confirm the adds do damage upon exploding, wich is the hard point of this achievement

Razorscale - He works great, but there are 2 problems regarding the encounter mechanisms, and not the encounter itself:
- She hits Berserk about 6 minutes earlier than what she's supposed to. Noticed this while we were doing the adds achievement, causing us to wipe, wich lead to the next bug.
- When wiped, she does not reset properly, sometimes causing "encounter in progress" bug, stucking the group outside the raid, without being able to enter. A full group relog and disband fixes that. When this happened, we found that the adds were not resetting properly, causing us to have like 50+ adds siting there, before we even restarted the encounter.

XT-002 Deconstructor - We noticed the fix for hard mode 2 weeks ago, good job there, but it left us with a few small problems.

- If you fail to trigger Hard mode at the 1st heart exposure, the boss enters a strange state, causing the heart to stay exposed all the time, and reseting after some seconds, making the boss unnatackable, and not killable. (confirmed 2 weeks ago, last week did not happen because we downed the heart right away)
- When the heart is exposed, it still spawns adds every 25%, just like the boss. I'm not sure if this should happen or not, but it leaves quite a big group of adds (75%+50%+25% adds in case you down the heart in 1 shot and trigger hard mode) to deal with.
- Summing up, you either go for hardmode, or you wont be able to pass this boss. The hardmode itself works just fine.
- The hit box is a problem here too, not as small as ignis, but still small enough to cause some LoS problems with the boss positioning.

EDIT: with the new commits that were introduced this week, this might be a bit diffrent regarding the adds and the unnatackable bug, but i'll take a look next week!

Assembly of Iron - Only noticed 1 confirmed bug here, and 1 that i can't confirm exactly, yet seemed strange.
- Can't Do That While Stunned is not working, fully confirmed this twice already.
- I'm not sure if Lightning Wirl is currently being casted by the small dwarf, as the only time we did the encounter killing small dwarf last, it did not use this ability once.
- Quest item drops, but i dont think there has been any change in the quest line from what it used to be 1 year ago.

Kologarn - There are some bugged details, but overall he works great.
- Rubbles do not spawn when arms are killed, but i figured you already know about this.
- Destroying just 1 arm and Kologarn itself in 12 seconds rewardsDisarmed, instead of the 2 arms plus the body in 12 seconds.
- I'm not sure if If Looks Could Kill works at this time, i will have to run it again to try.
- As there are no rubbles, Rubble and Roll can't be completed, duh xD
- With Open Arms is currently not working, confirmed it twice so far.
- There might be more minor bugs, but that is all i get to see so far.
Currently playing retail

marko1984

#9 » Post by marko1984 » 30 Jul 2013 17:56

i have 2 things to add
on sunday we did Uld25 (failish group) but we found some new bugs that didnt occur in 10men mode and Pausas didnt mention them

Razorscale: After we got her down second time (took 2 harpoons instead of 4 and i'm not sure if thats how its suppose to be) there was announcement that she is permanently grounded and yet she flew off and stayed permanently in air cozing us to wipe on purpose coz we couldnt do anything else... encounter was in progress and she was firing at us and mobs kept coming but harpoons were all used and we couldnt bring her down

Ignis: Iron constructs didnt turn to molten in the fire but they did look like them but when u get them in water they didnt turn brittle either they just staied iron and had full hp which lead to us having tons of mobs by the end of encounter...

thats about all that i noticed different, and this raid was on sunday evening so idk what happen since then...
Three mages!

Pausas

#10 » Post by Pausas » 04 Aug 2013 00:07

Small update to this thread, based on today's Ulduar run:

Ignis the Furnace Master -

- Combat bug remains after killing the boss, wich I suspect is caused probably by the currently alive adds that get despawned when we finish the boss.

Razorscale -

- On the first try, after using the 4 harpoons to get her down, and getting her to 70ish%, the harpoons stopped respawning, causing us to force a wipe, because there was no way of getting her down anymore (she ended up berserking aswell, about 5 minutes early). On the second try everything worked good and the harpoons did respawn.

- The giant dwarves did not spawn at all. The npc i'm refering to is Dark Rune Sentinel

Xt-002 Deconstructor -

- Just added this one to congratulate you on the awesome scripting work, i really enjoyed the state of this boss atm, specially the add of life sparks :D Well done!

Assembly of Iron -

- After watching some video footage of the retail version, and comparing it to what we saw today, i have some things to say about this encounter, specially the small boss:
- The movement, as you know, that is waaaaay to much moving, he should be going afterus, not us after him all the time.
- When casting overload, he may force himself to stop casting that and cast a chain lightning instead, cancelling the overload.
- When up in the air, still under the effect of lightning tendrils, but in the middle already, he casted lightning whirl. As far as i know this shouldnt happen, there should be a delay between the cast of the 2 spells, to avoid it being casted mid-air.
- We also encountered a new problem today, wich is related to the room itself. Due to the movement of the small boss, he ended up going under textures multiple times. Using a priest's mind vision, we saw that he was really way down on the ground. Maybe try adding some borders to the encounter to avoid this happening?

PS: notice that all this was experienced in the 25man version of the raid.
Currently playing retail

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 06 Aug 2013 08:27

Hmm Razorscale's enrage timer seems generally right. Might be that it starts while she's in the air still?

Also, moving this topic away from Ingame Character/Account support... doesn't fit at all...

emsy
Former Staff

#12 » Post by emsy » 18 Aug 2013 21:34

Razorscale
At start of encounter (25), there's only 2 cannons spawned. (it's weird but not rly a problem) When 3rd and 4th cannons have to launch, they just spawn normally. However, once he flies up again, the cannons don't recharge on first try. have to wipe, and on 2nd try he works normally.

XT-002
In hearth phase, the minirobots don't seem to heal him, just respawn (not 100% sure)

Kologarn
- killing an arm reduces his hp by 3% ... i'm not aware of this mechanics?
- After encounter, a Rubble Stalker Kologarn was following me and hitting me.

Icon Council
The giant gains +dmg stacks when killing pets too (not sure this is correct mechanics)

Auriaya
The void zones have visible infernal marker NPCs and they follow players (they should stay stationary)
+ bug from above with non-respawning adds, she also has only 2 adds in 25m instead of 4

Freya
The mines in last phase have infernal marker NPCs visible

Pausas

#13 » Post by Pausas » 23 Aug 2013 15:37

Another report, this time from 25 man version of the raid:

Razorscale -
As Emsy stated on the first try the harpoons wont respawn, a wipe is required to make them work properly.

Ignis -

The adds got bugged this week, they get the molten debuff on the fire pits, they get stunned once inside the water pools while this debuff is active, but hiting for 5k+ wont cause them to explode.

Xt-002 -

Those minibots do heal him emsy, its just not shown until he gets up from the phasing. I'm just not entirely sure if those should keep spawning every 25% of the hearth's hp. The ammount of adds is kinda big, specially if the dps on hearth is high.

Assembly of Iron -

When we did it in hardest mode (the big guy last) the hp recovering and the stack inscrease happened when pets died aswell (Army of the dead in this case, causing us to have like 20+ stacks instantly)
Plus the other bugs reported before.

Kologarn -

Like emsy stated, killing his arms reduces the body's hp by 3% only, instead of the 15% it should.
Adds do spawn, 5 for each arm that dies, but the achievement did not work. We killed 30 adds just to be sure, and got no achievement.

Auriaya -

Main bug here lies with the feral defender 1 hiting pretty much everything that moves (including full geared tanks) From what i saw in youtube videos, the feral should jump at random targets, stunning them and applying some shadow dmg over time, not doing any melee hits. Instead, he just jumps on random targets and 1 shots them (i got hit for 63k with the full stacks, as a full geared tank)
After the feral defender dies, his void zone does not stand in one place, it randomly follows players around, dealing damage to those inside it (As you can guess, 2 or 3 of these voids following ppl on top of the raid will wipe us).
Also the Sentinel Sentrys do not respawn after we kill them the 1st time, and wipe. This makes the encounter way easier after wiping once. (There should be 4 of them? i'm not sure about that, but there's 2 atm)

Freya -

Elder Brightleaf - His sun beams apply about 9 or 10 stacks of Photosyntesis instead of just 2 or 3.
Elder Stonebark - His spell Petrified Bark reflects ranged attacks aswell.
Elder Ironbranch - Works correctly, although i think he's the cause of the non stop combat bug that me and Slarmin talked about (causes encounter in progress bug when trying to reenter). this happens when some invisible add keeps following us around (caused by the roots?) after the elder is done.
None of the elders rewards emblems.

During 2nd phase, she casts an huge ammount of mines, there shouldnt be that many around, from what i know.

Hodir -

The only problem I noticed here is that some npcs are dead when we reach the area, and so we can't use the full buffs when that happens.
Most of the time that encounter in progress bug causes us to not be able to retry again.

Thorim -

I don't know if anything was done towards the fixing of this one, but I'll leave the state here anyway.
Phase 1 works, the adds are spawned. I supose they are not exactly part of the encounter at this point yet, because the door is not closed when we step inside, and the trigger device to open the tunel to move into phase 2 does not activate either, same for the phase 2 adds.The boss says nothing and does nothing the entire time.
Nyeriah wrote:Hmm Razorscale's enrage timer seems generally right. Might be that it starts while she's in the air still?
That is possible yes, could also be the fact that DBM addon does not have the right timer (same for wowhead).
Currently playing retail

emsy
Former Staff

#14 » Post by emsy » 23 Aug 2013 18:48

Pausas wrote: Razorscale -
As Emsy stated on the first try the harpoons wont respawn, a wipe is required to make them work properly.p
Also same problem as on mangos - DBM stops showing harpoon timers after 1st landing
Pausas wrote: Auriaya -

Main bug here lies with the feral defender 1 hiting pretty much everything that moves (including full geared tanks) From what i saw in youtube videos, the feral should jump at random targets, stunning them and applying some shadow dmg over time, not doing any melee hits. Instead, he just jumps on random targets and 1 shots them (i got hit for 63k with the full stacks, as a full geared tank)
He only changes players that are more than X yards away from him (i believe X is around 20), which basically means that if all raid stacks at same spot, he won't charge anyone (until 1st fear at least :P)

Boxis
Donor

#15 » Post by Boxis » 23 Aug 2013 19:22

emsy wrote: He only changes players that are more than X yards away from him (i believe X is around 20), which basically means that if all raid stacks at same spot, he won't charge anyone (until 1st fear at least :P)
I think this doesnt work,I stood next to him and got 137k hit.
//maybe it works if everyone stand close to him since Im sure there were people who were away from him at the time when I got this hit,but still,I was close to him at that point so I shouldnt get it.